Chapter 7

Callie's POV

"Hey Wyatt, what's up?" I asked him cautiously. He had this strange look on his face and I wasn't exactly sure why.

"Uh-uhh...nothing..." He stammered.

I narrowed my eyes suspiciously but let it go.

He spoke up randomly, "So, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me?"

I smiled slightly, and hid all my nervous emotions. "I'll ask Stef and Lena." I replied casually.

He nodded, smirking. "Text me, okay?"

"I will!" I shouted back towards him as I walked away.

***

When Mariana, Jude and I walked through the door I saw Lena sitting at the table. I remembered Wyatt's question and slowly walked towards her.

"Hey Callie, what's up?" Lena asked, looking up from her papers.

"Well.....I have a question." I said slowly.

She raised her eyebrows in question.

"Well....Wyatt asked me out on a date Friday night....can I go?" I asked nervously.

She thought about it for a moment and nodded. She then set down the rule. "Be back by 10:30, okay?"

"Okay." I agreed and smiled. I walked up the stairs, whipping out my phone at the same time.

Callie : Soooooo. Lena said yes and i hafta be back by 10:30.

My phone buzzed just as I set it down, I checked the text from Wyatt, grinning.

Wyatt : Haha! I knew it, I'll pick you up tmrw night at 6:48

Callie : Wow. 6:48 so exact... lol

Wyatt : That's just beautiful me

I laughed at his text, laughing while replying.

Callie : Lol. Self conceited much?

Wyatt : Yep definitely.

Callie : Okay well, Lena's calling me down, ttyl.

Wyatt : K bye :)

Yeah. I know what you're thinking. Oh, she's so cool, she learned how to 'internet talk'. Well, yes I spent like an hour the other day just researching how to abbreviate words to sound cooler. Yes, i'm just that lonely and bored.

I walked down the stairs, a huge smile on my face.

"What's up Lena?" I asked curiously.

"Well, I was just wondering about Jude." She said calmly.

My face immediately paled. "Why? What's going with Jude?" I asked nervously. If there's anything I care about more than my life, it's Jude.

"Well, I heard he was getting bullied the other day." She stated, completely calm.

I on the other hand was positively freaking out, bullied? Nobody told me until now?

"What? When did this start, oh my god, where is he?" I spit out frantically.

I felt Lena's comforting hand on my back, "Calm down Callie, he's alright. It was one or two times a few days ago and right now he's at Connor's house."

I let out a sigh of relief. He was safe.

There's one person I would sacrifice my life for, and it's be Jude. He's the only one who's stuck by me my whole life, he's never been trouble and is the sweetest boy in the world. I know life has never been easy for him but he's never complained and always follows directions and is never rude about anything.

"Why was he being bullied?" I questioned angrily.

"Well..." She hesitated slightly, "Some boys didn't agree with his sense of style." She said with a polite grimace on her face.

"I'm not 10 Lena, you can tell me what's going on without censoring 'inappropriate' things." I said slowly getting more and more irritated.

She smiled and laughed lightly, "Yeah, sometimes I forget you kids have been exposed to much worse." I nodded, a small smile on my face, but growing serious again. "Well Jude was wearing nail polish and some boys thought he looked 'gay' and shoved him around."

I felt myself grow angry, "He didn't take it off?"

Lena shook her head and placed her hand on my shoulder, "You gotta let him make his own decisions soon, Callie."

She smiled lightly and walked away, leaving me with a billion thoughts circulating through my brain.

Was I being too overbearing, was I not letting breathe? I knew those answers were yes, but I tried to convince myself that this was the best for him.

But inside I knew that I should let him be who he really is, and that he should be able to express himself without his sister telling him to not.

But, that can't happen, I need to protect, he may be able to express himself, but he's also getting a black eye in the process.

The happy energy from my date with Wyatt on Friday was completely drained.

Goddammit, why couldn't I have been born into a regular, loving family. In which your mom doesn't suddenly die on you or your dad doesn't leave you and your little brother to fend for yourself. I wouldn't have to act like an adult, I would be able to live a normal teenage life. I could ask my mom about boy problems. I could be able to open up to people without having them have to pass some kind of trust test.

Life seriously isn't a box of chocolates, whoever said that is an idiot. Life is like a mushroom, disgusting but somehow healthy. Do you understand what I mean? Yeah, I don't really either.

***

I'm so sorry guys for not updating sooner, and for updating a sucky chapter.

I hope you still love me?

Well how did you guys like the finale? I can't believe I hafta wait that long for the next chapter...aghhhhhh im gonna suffer.

PLEASE KEEP READING ON

AND 30 VOTES?

AND COMMENTS COMMENTS COMMENTS. YOUR GUYS' COMMENTS ARE AMAZING, YOU GUYS GIVE THE BEST ADVICE AND ENCOURAGEMENT EVER!

HOW ABOUT 10 COMMENTS?

ILYASM SERIOUSLY