Chapter 10

Warning : may contain a lot of bad language and violence 12+ (who really cares though)

Brandon's POV

I couldn't breathe, that's literally what I felt. I felt as if I was choking on air, as if my oxygen supply was just taken away from me. And it hurt like hell, that I couldn't do anything, whilst she walked away, her normally bright and sparkling brown eyes, now numb and emotionless. I should've done something, but I, being a weak person, couldn't do anything. I couldn't protect the people I care about. We tried to call the police, Mariana, Jesus, and I, but our data had been stopped and our wireless connection cut. He had apparently thought of everything.

And I hated him so much. It's unexplainable, the hatred in my heart. How badly I wanted to hurt him, how I would crush him to the ground if I had the chance. It may seem violent, but what can I say, I wanted him to feel pain, as I am. I didn't even know how much Callie really meant to me, until she was gone. 

You see her when you close your eyes, maybe one day you'll understand why, everything you touch surely dies, but you only need the light when it's burning low, only miss the sun when it starts to snow, only know you love her when you let her go. 

Fucking shit, it hurt so bad, like there was a ton of bricks on my chest, the guilt weighing me down. I had no idea that, that she meant so much to me, that her smile could make my day so much better, that her laugh could cheer me up in a second, her presence so comforting to me. But now it was gone, nowhere to be known. 

"The internet is back on!" Mom shouted from the kitchen, I could hear the dialing tones and someone on 911 picking up, "What is your emergency, how can I help you?" Lena shouted desperately into her phone, "My foster daughter has just been kidnapped by a man named Liam, a old foster sibling from another home, he burst into our house and threatened us by gunpoint, he forced her to leave." The lady on the other side of the phone immediately replied but now in a more comforting tone. "Okay, can you come into your local police and they'll just ask you a few questions." Stef handed the phone to Mom, "I'm a police officer, but we'll be there as soon as we can, thank you!" the 911 lady, spoke a quick 'you're welcome' and the line went dead. 

"Let's go", Stef and Lena turned to us, tears both brimming in their eyes.

~

After hours of what seemed like pointless questioning, there was still absolutely no progress. They just brought each one of us in, even Jude, and asked us the same stupid questions. How was this supposed help us find Callie, shouldn't we be putting up 'Missing' signs? Or actually searching for her? But no, we were all stuck here unable to do anything, while she's somewhere, kidnapped by a fucking crazy psychopath. 

Callie's POV 

"Hesfhggh", I tried yelling out again, but the gag obviously prevented me from making audible words.

5 hours ago, my biggest worry was not telling Brandon about how I truly felt about him, but now...

It was still the fucking same. Even though I'm being kidnapped, stuck in a creepy ass basement, gagged and starving, all I can think about is Brandon. Was he worried about me, was he thinking about me? Was he glad that I was gone? I mentally smacked myself, you need to focus on getting yourself out of here first, then think about Brandon all you want. 

I looked at my surroundings, it was almost pitch black, with one window and a small skylight. A small desk sat in the corner of the small room. A set of stairs led up to a bright blue door, contrasting to everything else in the room. A large lamp swung from the seiling, currently turned off. I struggled again, I sat in the middle in the room on a chair, hands and feet tied. How fucking cliche.  

Suddenly the blue door creaked open, and Liam walked down the steps. His gaze hovered up and down my bonded form and he yanked down my gag, I gasped for air. He smirked, "Looks like you're in bit of a situation, huh?" He laughed.

"You're a bit of a retard aren't you?" I spat back. His grin disappeared, "What did you call me, bitch?" He stalked forwards, "Say it again." I put on a brave face and spoke my words again, "You're a fucking retard." He raised his hand and and pain flashed across my cheek, but it didn't bother me. Countless years of getting slapped, punched, kicked by my old foster father, pain rarely bothered me anymore.

Liam face turned to rage, "You fucking bitch, you should be grateful I didn't your little 'family' or your precious boyfriend." He paused and an evil smirk grew across his face, "Don't make me change my mind." An image flashed across my mind, Stef, Lena, Mariana, Jesus, Jude, Brandon, all of them lay bloodied on the floor gunshot wounds scattered throughout their bodies. A dry sob shook through my body. I couldn't let that happen to them, I couldn't have them all be brutally murdered because of me.

Liam laughed at my desperate appearance, "This is so nice, me and you, having a pleasant chat." I never knew I was even capable of this much hatred, it burned through my veins, threatening to burst. I could kill him, I really would. He's tortured me for years, secret text messages, blackmail. I should have said something sooner. Liam cleared his throat, and it echoed loudly around the dark and damp basement. "Bitch, say something."  A tear slowly dripped down my cheek, "What do you want from me, Liam?" I stopped, my voice breaking, "Why are you doing this to me?" His face hardened, "Callie, I want you to suffer as I did, you made me miserable."

My jaw nearly dropped open, he truly was fucking psycho. What had I really ever done, to make his life 'miserable'. I finally spoke, "What do you mean, I made your life miserable, what did I ever do?" Liam choked out a bitter laugh, "Callie, after you were kicked out, the foster system decided it would be unsafe for other girls to be fostered by us, after me engaging in a relationship with you. Because of you, my family hasn't been able to foster anymore young girls, no more relief for me, no more love and comfort." He sounded truly deprived and sad, but the words out of his mouth sickened me so much. Liam was the cancer on this Earth, the kind of people who destroy it. I mean, who could say that, kidnap someone because they couldn't have relief anymore. That is truly sick, he deserves to be in a mental hospital. 

I spoke up, "So you're telling me that you threatened my family by gunpoint, kidnapped me, and hurt me, because you can't rape any innocent young girls anymore?" I paused to gauge his reaction, and continued on, "What kind of person enjoys raping young underprivileged girls, than finding your own girlfriend and having regular sex with her?" I was reaching my limit, my rage slowly leaking out. "WHAT KIND OF FUCKING MESSED UP PERSON DOES THAT?" I screamed at him, agony and outrage exploding out. 

"SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH, BITCH! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" He screamed, before I knew it, I was on the floor, with an extreme throbbing pain on my side. His foot slammed into my rib cage again, and I screamed. Again and again and again, I felt a few of my ribs break, and the agonizing pain slowly faded into complete numbness, my vision blurred in and out and then,

it all went black.

~

hi all 

im baack with another chapter. this was pretty intense yuh? i got extremely moody while writing this...

how about  150 reads, 40 votes and 15 comments!

btw

ilyasm and you guys are no shit, the best readers ever. thank you so much for suffering through my erratic writing schedules!

love you lots - blessing