Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Callie's POV

I sat alone at the kitchen table, waiting awkwardly for everyone else to come down.

"Morning, Callie!" It was Lena.

"Uhh morning..." I replied slowly.

"You ready for your first day of school?" She asked cheerily.

I smiled fakely, "Yeah. Of course!"

She laughed at my fake enthusiasm and called down the rest of the kids for breakfast.

Everyone came down groaning and rubbing their eyes, except for Mariana. She was already prim and styled for school, which I didn't understand. It's just school, I mean seriously. Not a fashion show or anything.

After we all finished breakfast Lena gathered all of us into her huge van and dropped us off to school which she's actually the vice-principal.

Lena called out to Brandon as we stepped out of the van. "Show Callie to her first class please." He nodded and gestured for me to follow him. I did.

"So it's over there, I'm sure you can find it ok." He pointed over to my left and continued talking. "So I'm going over to practice before class." He began walking over towards the large hallway.

I was left standing alone, awkwardly fidgeting with the straps of my backpack. The girls in front of me began staring and pointing at my bruises. Yeah...not gonna stay here just to be made fun of.

"Brandon wait up." I ran after him.

I followed him into a large room filled with a ton of different musical instruments. He walked over to piano and sat down on the bench. I sat myself down on top of a desk opposite of him.

"So a piano person huh?" I asked, trying to push away the unnerving silence.

He grinned and answered. "Yeah, I've been playing piano for as long as I can remember." He played a few keys, "Piano is like my calm." He paused. "When I'm really pissed off I can play some piano and...it just calms me." He looked at me and began stuttering, "Ne-never mind. I sound stup-"

I interrupted him, "No you don't sound stupid. I actually know what you mean, it's the same for me, except for me it's singing." He raised his eyebrows at me. I laughed at his suspicion, "It's a secret, shhhhh." I put a finger to my lips.

He laughed and nodded his head in a sarcastic way and began playing a piece on the piano. I could see how into it he was, his eyes closed and shoulders moving with every key he pressed. To some piano person he might look "passionate" or "moving", but to me he just looked a bit retarded. No offense or anything.

Seeing how I was watching (not creepily) Brandon play his piece, it was understandable that I didn't see a certain red headed girl walk into the room and wrap her arms around Brandon. Which sorta came as a shock to me. Not like I'm interested in him or anything...pssshhh.

"Hey babe." The red head kissed Brandon on the lips before finally noticing I was there. "So..who is this?"

Call it girl telapathy, but I immediately could sense she didn't like me very much. Like not at all.

"Oh this is Callie, she's staying with us for a while. And Callie, this is Talya." Brandon replied, gesturing to me.

She nodded her head slowly, suspicion clear in her eyes. "Oh. She's staying with you guys." She smiled at me stiffly.

Brandon smiled, thinking we were getting along. I swear boys can be so clueless. "So Talya's in your first class too, so she can show you there."

Talya agreed and gestured for me to follow her. She kissed her boyfriend "bye" and we walked out of the music room, with me trailing behind her.