Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Callie's POV

The weekend passed quickly, with Jude and I moving into each of the twins rooms'. And I'm pretty sure they weren't too happy about it either. Brandon and I had become a little bit closer, with everyday but it seems hi girlfriend definitely didn't like that. She would do anything she could to say something spiteful to me, and glare at me whenever I was in her line of vision. Not very pleasant.

"Callie?!" I turned my head to see Mariana calling my name.

"Yeees?" I dragged out my reply slowly.

Mariana hesitated slightly before speaking again, "You know my friend Kelsey?"

I sighed. "Yeah. The girl who always told everybody that I had come from Juvie?" I replied with a bitter tone.

A silence fell over the kitchen table.

Mariana didn't reply for a few seconds but eventually said, "Yes. Well, she's in rehab."

I raised an eyebrow, "Well, I'm sorry."

Mariana paused for a long time, her eyes glancing behind me, to where her moms' stood. "Soooo, I was wondering if you would like to take her place on my court." She smiled grimly.

I was confused. "Your court? Like for a trial?" I was marginally shocked.

Everyone except for Talya laughed, Mariana explained for me, "Not the court for jail, you know I'm having a Quinceanera soon, and I was asking if you would want to be on my royal court."

I answered slowly "Sure."

Mariana pretended to be happy but I could tell that her moms' forced her to ask me.

I heard Stef speak up from behind me. "So we have to get your gown fitted!"

I raised my eyebrow. "I have to wear a gown?" I said distastefully. I really hate dresses. Gowns? Even worse.

Jude snickered loudly. "Shut up." I joked playfully with him. I smiled and ruffled his hair.

Mariana added in her two cents, "You don't have to." She suggested.

"It's okay, I'll do it." I replied and smiled.

***

The next few days at school were nothing but boredom.

As I walked down the hallway Friday, on my way to the locker bay, I was stopped by a boy, Wyatt.

"Hey Callie." He smiled.

"Hey..." I trailed off awkwardly.

"So tomorrow some of my friends and I are going to be at the beach, you should come join us."

I smiled, "I would like to, but I'm busy tomorrow."

He raised an eyebrow, "Busy with what?"

I laughed, "Busy with stuff you would make fun of me for."

He smirked, "Well when you get sick of your 'stuff' you know where we'll be."

I nodded my head, smiling and walked away.

~

*Before the Quinceanera

Brandon's POV

"Can you please help being the gifts to the car?" Lena asked me.

I nodded and walked over to the table which the gifts were on, I picked up one platter, then another platter on top.

I heard footsteps sounding behind and I slowly turned around to see Callie.....holy crap. She was wearing a strapless floor length dress. It was a red-pink. And she looked really beautiful. Her hair, in perfect curls, made me just want to run my fingers through them.