Chapter 26 Things that are lost

Thank you for all the votes and comments I got :) I expect to finish this in 3 more chapters.

I am also planning to write an epilogue of someone else's POV :D so watch out for that!

I really like this chapter, because of, well, you will see :)

(new cover on the side by miri0nna!)

----------------------------------------

Will was already there when I arrived, my heart was beating out of controlled as I made my way towards him. It didn't helped that he looked up from the swing he was sitting on and flashed me a davastatingly handsome smile. And at that moment I knew that no matter how many times I convinced myself otherwise, I still had feelings for him.

I took a deep breath to calm myself, returning Will's smile and sat myself on the swing next to Will. I pushed my feet against the ground and swung back a couple of times, wondering how to begin. Luckily, Will saved me the trouble.

'How have you been?' He asked, his voice carried across the empty playground like a soft whisper. I turned to see that he was looking at me with a sad expression on his face.

'I am okay, could be better.' I replied, he smiled at me before we broke eye contact. I started at my feet.

'I want to say sorry, again.' He said, so quiet that I almost didn't hear him. 'I thought about what you said, and you were right. I should have defended you, should have told my friends to laid off you, and I failed again and again.'

He sounded so sad that I felt as if my heart had been pinched, remembering the hurt and the tears, but it had been three months. 'It's okay now, I forgive you.' I finally said, I had to let go to move on, for him and for me. Just saying didn't bring any relieve, but by saying it out loud and letting him know, I felt much more at ease. Saying it out loud is different than just thinking about forgiving him, and I knew that I would one day really forgive him now, eventually.

'Thank you.' He simply said. We sat there in a more comfortable silence for a while before he spoke again. 'I want you to know that despite all the things that I did, you are still the first girl who I really lo...liked.' He said, pausing at the L word, probably remembering what I told him that day and thought it would be unwise to use that word.

'You made me understand what a relationship should really be like, and all the things that I did wrong me. And I thank you for that.' He continued, and looked at me, I smiled at him. 'And, I know I shouldn't say this, but I still like you, and I probably always will.'

'Always is a long time, Will.' I said, feeling tears filling up in my eyes, but I refused to let them out. I had read about the warning of First Love everywhere, people said that he would be the one you will always remember, and I knew right then that it's true. Feelings could not be turned off like a tap, it doesn't just go away, and just when you think you no longer feel anything, it will jump right back at you. The only remedy is time.

'I don't suppose we could be together again?' Will asked jokingly, but I could hear a hinch of serious in his voice. I choked back the tears and shook my head.