I Spun the Bottle: Chapter One

**PLEASE DO NOT ADVERTISE ON MY STORY! IT WILL BE DELETED IF I FIND IT! SORRY, BUT THERE ARE CLUBS FOR THAT.**

Yes, this is a new story if you're wondering. I've actually been working on this story for some time now, and I said I wouldn't post it until I finished it. I lied to myself. :) Haha, so enjoy this new book! :)

It does start out a little slow like most stories do, but it'll get better, trust me. :)

Comment down below on what you think! :)

----------------------

I Spun the Bottle: Chapter One

Song for this chapter: “Brick by Boring Brick” by Paramore

          My heart skidded to a sudden halt as soon as it landed on him. He was the only person I didn’t want the bottle to land on. It seemed like everyone in the entire party turned their attention to both of us. I bit my lip in utter frustration; this wouldn’t have happened if I just told her no. I would still be at home working on homework at this moment if I just said that one simple word. No.

          “Carolyn, honey, wake up,” my mom told me, peeking through my bedroom door.

          Instead of listening to her like I usually would, I rolled over so that my back was faced toward her. I didn’t want to go to school today. I had stayed up all night working on my Chemistry project, and didn’t even get to bed till it was three in the morning.

          “Lyn, wake up.” My mother commanded in that motherly tone of hers.

          I finally listened to her this time and sat upright, turning my head towards her. Half of her body was in my room, while the other half was in the hallway. She was already ready for work, and that meant she would be leaving any minute.

          “Mmm, are you going to work early?” I asked, trying to rub the sleepiness away from my eyes.

          She simply nodded, and said. “Yes, now enough stalling, get ready because your brother is going to take you to school today. He seems a little grumpy, so be nice.”

          “Yes, mom,” I mumbled, already standing up from my warm, cozy bed.

          I heard my door shut, and I knew she had left. There was another reason why I hated going to school. They were the popular students. For the most part they were fine, just as long as I stayed on my side of the school, and they stayed on their side, but apparently they have something against me now.

          They hadn’t told me what it was that they had against me, but I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that I’d be figuring out that soon. I walked over to my closet and looked for something to wear. I didn’t look long because as if clothes matched, I’d wear it.

         With fresh clothes in hand, I walked out of my bedroom, across the hall, and into the bathroom. I placed my clean set of clothes on the counter and took off my clothes. I turned on the shower for a few minutes before I actually got in. I tested the water, making sure it wasn’t too hot or too cold, just right. Then, I slipped one foot in and then the other.

          I took a brief shower, making sure it wasn’t too long or else my brother would complain that I was going slowly on purpose. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me. I got another towel, a shorter one, to wrap around my long chocolate brown hair.

         Once my body was dry enough, I started to put on my clothes. I walked out of the bathroom, down the hall, through the living room, and into the kitchen. My older brother, Landon, was pouring some orange juice into his cup when he looked up and saw me. My mom was right he did look a little grumpy today. Normally, he would say hi, but instead he just walked past me into the living room.