12. The Deal

"PULL!" Max roared intensely as we all grabbed onto the big sturdy tree and pulled it back with all of our might.

Like the last ten times, it didn't budge.

I sighed, letting go of the ten foot monster tree. "Why did you even buy a tree this big when it won't even fit through our apartment door?" I asked, stepping away from it and taking a second to catch my breath.

"It was half off." Max shrugged.

"Well we need a new strategy. Obviously pulling it won't work." I stated, leaning against the door frame of the apartment.

We had gotten about three feet of the tree through the door, pine leaves littering the entire floor, with the rest of the seven feet still laying in the hall.

"We could cut it." Nathan suggested again.

"No!" Max yelled defensively. "I can get it in." His face was strong with determination.

"Oh I'm sure you can." Nathan winked at his brother.

I fake gagged.

"Well I'm beat, you guys can keep trying. Call me when it's decorating time." I stated, making my way past Nathan.

Dustin had fallen asleep in the car so we put him to bed and now it was just us three, trying to accomplish the impossible.

He quickly grabbed my waist and pulled me into his chest, surprising me.

"A coffee would be nice princess." He smiled down at me, putting his charm on.

I leaned slightly back to look up at him. "Let me think about it." I wondered out loud. "I mean you did tickle me unfairly before. Oh, and don't forget, put my life at risk too. I don't know, do you really deserve a coffee?" I asked him now with a frown.

His charm dropped once he realized it was quite null and void, but then settled for a slight pout instead, my eyes dropping down to his soft lips. "Please?"

Before I even had a chance to let a breath out, Max scoffed.

"Before it was all 'you annoying little grinch' and now it's all 'please princess?'" Max called out his brother, making his voice high pitched at the end and pouting his lips.

His face looked so ridiculous that I burst out laughing, pushing myself out of Nathan's arms and walking away now as Nathan shot his brother a heated glare.

"Hey Sky, can I get a coffee please?" Max called out casually.

"Sure." I replied brightly, giving Max a smile and glancing at Nathan with a smug look.

"Come on, I saved your life." He argued, causing me to halt in my steps and spin around to face him in an instant.

"Excuse me Mr.Cocky McCockypants, I believe I'm the one who saved your precious little ass back there. So if you're going to lie about my heroic actions and take credit, then don't expect me to make you anything." I did a little hair flip before spinning back around and strutting off to the kitchen.

Max gave a low whistle as Nathan just stood there, getting what I had just said through his thick, ego-inflated skull.

"I saved your life." I mimicked his deep voice whilst pouring three cups of coffee. The third one was going to go out the window. I had perfectly constructed a plan to walk out and hand it to him, before psyching him and pouring it all down the balcony.

I think that was the best course of action required. 

"I also gave you life. I gave you everything in life because I am God and I expect you to bow down towards--" I kept impersonating him but was cut off unfortunately.