23. The Betrayal

"Okay so according to this map, Hana's room should be..." I trailed off as I walked a few steps ahead, the large map that Nathan had drawn open in my hands. The rest of the boys followed closely behind as we tried to locate Hana's exact room.

"Here." I said, coming to a stop on the roof.

"Seems about right." Max agreed.

"Boys, let's get to it." I grinned evilly, causing them all to roll their eyes. Tyler handed Max the power tool thing, before all the boys bent down and turned the tool on. It let out a loud buzz and they wasted no time in bringing it down and beginning to saw it open.

We all stood waiting anxiously, a safe distance away from being seen through the hole. Once Max had cut open a hole large enough to fit two bodies through, the cement roof fell heavily down but luckily didn't hit anyone. He turned off the tool and stepped back, all of us looking down the hole cautiously.

The light from outside poured into the dark room, showing a small single bed in a lonely room.

I stepped forward warily. "Nathan?" I whispered into the hole.

At first there was nothing, and I became worried. But then there was the sound of shuffling and I saw Nathan's head appear from under the bed.

I sighed in relief as I watched him crawl out, pulling out a young girl after him whom I guessed was Hana. She really did follow up on the attractive genes in Nathan's family, even though she was only thirteen. She had dark blonde hair that was in a messy braid and her green eyes looked stunningly sharp. You could tell she had been through a lot from her hollow looking eyes and the slight frown etched into her features.

"We thought you guys were Ryland's men." Nathan whispered up at us, before shaking his head knowingly at me.

"You scared us Nathan. Don't ever leave like that again." Max said to Nathan seriously. It was one of those very rare moments where you remembered that Max was Nathan's older brother. I could see the worry shining through Max's eyes and held back a small smile.

"Hana." Max whispered once his eyes landed on the quiet girl at Nathan's side.

"Come on! Let's leave before they catch us!" Tyler ordered, before throwing a bunch of rope down the hole for Nathan and Hana to climb up through.

"Wait! What about my--" Cody started to say worriedly.

"Brother? I picked him up on the way here." Nathan shot Cody a small grin, before disappearing from our vision and coming back with a boy who looked to be about fifteen. He also had blonde hair and blue eyes, his features similar to Cody's.

"Danny!" Cody cried out as he rushed over closer to the edge.

"Cody?" Danny spoke in surprise and relief as his eyes lit up.

"Come on guys, you can all rejoice once we get the hell out of here!" Tyler yelled at us again, looking around nervously.

Nathan nodded in agreement, before motioning for Danny to climb up the rope.

He did as told and soon enough, Cody was pulling him out the rest of the way before hugging his younger brother. I almost cried at the look on their faces. I also didn't miss the small tear trailing down Cody's cheek.

Next, Nathan guided Hana up the rope. We all watched as she effortlessly pulled herself ten feet up by the rope and stepped out in a swift motion.

"Hana." Max breathed out, staring at his sister in awe, before rushing to her and pulling her in a hug. We all silently watched as the thirteen year old stood there motionless and expressionless. It kind of scared me.