26. The Love Drug

Sick banner by the wonderful @daretodreamagain check her out if you like fanfics :)

"Okay. Yeah, I'll tell him. Thanks again Cody, and tell Veronica I say thank you too. Yeah I will, don't worry. Alright, you too. Bye." I ended the call with Cody and sighed in relief.

I went over to sit in one of the plastic white hospital chairs in the hall outside of Nathan's room. The boys had gone to get some food and we were letting Nathan rest a little bit. He had tried to reassure us that he didn't need any rest but the doctor had said otherwise. Luckily he didn't break any bones, but he did fracture two ribs. As for his leg, I had told the doctor that I had experience with a bit of first-aid stuff, which was obviously a lie. Surprisingly, they had said that my stitching up of him was very well done and that they didn't really need to do anything further.

I tucked Nathan's phone away in my pocket now, having taken it along with Nathan's other stuff before the doctors had taken him away.

I was thankful when Cody had called a couple minutes ago, filling me in on what had happened and killing the dreadful suspense. I had known that the red head, who's name was actually Veronica as Cody had informed me, had everything under control, but I needed to hear for myself that Ryland was being taken away. Cody had informed me that Veronica had tied up Ryland, and that only one guard was killed, only because they had attempted to kill Veronica. The rest, I was relieved to find out, were still alive. Although they may be doing some horrible things, I reminded myself of that one guard who had turned against Ryland. That reminded me that most of the guards were forced to work there. So once Veronica and her gang had tied up Ryland and all his guards who were still around and had not managed to flee, they called the police and left.

Cody had also told me that they managed to get all the hostages in the building, including Hana, and had put them all in a separate room. At first I had yelled at Cody, thinking that the police would lock them all up, but then he assured me that since they were forced into doing all these things, the police would most likely not press any charges and would get them the help they needed.

I had then asked Cody if his brother was okay and what had happened to Austin. Cody had told me that he was currently with Veronica and his brother was safe, and that Austin was nowhere to be found. He told me that when Ryland had gone to drive back to the airport with Austin and realized that I was actually inside his building, he had somehow gotten back without Austin. That caused me to worry, not knowing what he had done with him. But Cody reassured me that he was already looking for his friend with Veronica's help and would call me when they found him. I slightly relaxed at that.

The sound of multiple footsteps caused me to look up and see Tyler, Max, Landon and Jordan all carrying bags of Taco Bell. Dustin was running ahead of them all, towards me with a big grin. He had woken up in Max's arms when the doctors had told us to give Nathan some rest. At first, he was about to cry when Max told him that Nathan had hurt himself as he explained why we were in the hospital, but then when Max said that he hurt himself trying to save us all like a true superhero, Dustin had looked shocked, then excited, and then asked us all if Nathan would become the next Batman.

Since Dustin was sleeping the whole ride to this building, he had no memory of what had happened there thankfully. So we told Dustin that we had defeated the bad guys and gotten away. He was content to hear that.

But as for the doctors who had asked what had caused Nathan's fractured ribs, we told them that I had accidentally hit him with my car.

That excuse came out of none other than Landon's mouth, who then started to burst out in fake tears, yelling at me for almost killing our cousin. Oh yeah, we had also told the doctors that we were all related in order to all come up here. Tyler, Landon and I were all cousins, while the rest didn't have to come up with a lie. The doctors had looked quite suspicious, but thankfully didn't call us out on it.