29. The Reunion

I glanced up from the couch as Tyler walked back in through the front door with a bunch of mail in his hands.

"Well?" I asked, switching off the TV and sitting up now.

He glanced at me and took his own sweet time taking his shoes off and walking into the living room.

"Let's see. Bills, bills, bills..." Tyler muttered, flipping through the letters. "Oh what's this?" He exclaimed, his horrible acting skills making me glare at him.

"What is it?" I asked, forcing my voice to sound calm.

Tyler just stared at me, before breaking out into a huge grin. "IT'S FINALLY HERE!" He exclaimed.

I let out a shriek, before jumping up and taking the letter from his hands and wasting no time ripping it open.

I broke into a grin as I carefully pulled out my diploma from the large envelope. Although I knew I had passed my grad year, it was still exciting to see my diploma. Since I had graduated early, the school had sent out diplomas to all the kids who were finished. I still had to attend the grad ceremony in June, but now I didn't have to go back to school! Scratch that, I didn't have to go back to school after tomorrow! Jess, Ella and Landon were still dragging me to that dance but I actually didn't mind as much.

It had been two days since that phone call with Nathan and after that day, neither of us made an effort to contact the other. I was fine with it because I knew it would hurt once I heard his voice. Plus, I had been doing a good job keeping myself busy by making lots of plans with my friends and I was actually having fun. But the jerk still always found a way to creep into my mind at random times and I would zone out plenty of times, but thankfully my amazing friends were always there to save me from thoughts of Nathan.

"Yay! My baby sister's finally graduated!" Tyler yelled out in glee, grabbing me and spinning me around in a circle.

I laughed in his arms as he spun me once more, before setting me back down and grinning at me.

"But the good news doesn't stop there." Tyler gave me a secretive smirk, but I could see the excitement shining in his eyes.

"What is it?" I asked, getting excited too now.

"I got a job!" Tyler burst out, not being able to hold it in any longer.

I grinned alongside him and tackled him into a hug. "Oh my god that's awesome! Details! Give me details!" I pressed on eagerly. It had been two years since Tyler graduated and he had dropped out of college after the first few months. I supported him all the way and understood that it really was not what he wanted. He had gotten a scholarship there from a football team but he realized it wasn't worth it. Although my mom and step-dad were pretty pissed about it and called him an idiot for dropping out, I was there for him and promised to help him chase his dreams.

Tyler chuckled, before sitting us both down on the couch now and turning to face me with a huge smile.

"I got offered a job at NYCU as an assistant football coach." Tyler explained in excitement.

I shrieked and jumped up and down on the couch. "Tyler that's amazing! I knew putting up with all those sticky six year olds would be worth it!" I exclaimed. Ever since Tyler dropped out of college, he started applying at places as a football coach or assistant. He started off small by becoming an assistant coach for a minors football team which consisted of 5-8 year olds. Then he moved up to becoming coach of the team. After that, he managed to score a spot at my high school as assistant coach. Although these were all great experiences, the pay wasn't enough, so Tyler was often working outside of football as a cook.