17. The Wrecking Ball

SWEET BANNER BY @ETHNICALLYCONFUSED

I turned off the faucet and dried my hands, walking out of the washroom. I made my way back towards the dining table where the guys were going over the plan and preparing a few gadgets. Nathan had said they'd need something to put a hole in the roof from where they'd pull out Hana. Nathan had also said he'd teach the guys a few of his combat/ninja moves. I had insisted that I learned some too.

As I started entering back into the conference room, there was a loud knock on the door.

Everyone seemed to freeze and shut up.

I found Nathan's gaze and he mouthed the chipmunk's name. I nodded and quickly tiptoed towards Tyler, Dustin and Landon. I grabbed their wrists and pulled them down the hall, motioning them to stay quiet.

"You two need to stay in here until Max comes in and tells you when it's safe." I spoke quickly, shutting the door to Dustin's room behind me and facing the three boys.

"Why? Is the chipmunk mob boss here?" Tyler asked with a raised brow.

I nodded. "I gotta go now and act like the depressed kidnapped girl that I should be so I'll see you two in a bit." I quickly explained, before opening the door and heading outside.

"Wait!" Landon whispered, grabbing my arm.

I turned and waited for him to continue.

"Be careful Sky." He spoke with all seriousness.

I nodded, before shooting them a wink and pointing a fake gun at them, heading out the door. The last thing I saw were their eye rolls as I shut the door and turned around to go face the evil chipmunk.

I walked in to see that Nathan had just opened the door for Ryland. The chipmunk walked into the apartment, looking around. His eyes finally set on me, an evil grin forming on his face.

"It's time for another lovely meeting." He said in a sing-song voice, turning to look behind him. "Grab her." He ordered and two men dressed in all black stepped in, starting towards me.

As they came closer, I realized that they were both surprisingly around my age, no older than twenty.

Nathan looked as if he was going to interfere but I shot him a quick warning look, before letting the two boys grab my arms and pull me out the door, their faces expressionless the whole time.

"Hiring teens to do your dirty work? That's just sick." I couldn't help but spit out at Alvin as we passed him.

He just sneered at me. "I'm providing better opportunities for these lemon potheads than they could ever find themselves." He stated proudly.

I looked up to see the two boys' reaction. What really sickened me were their stoic faces, as if they were robots.

"Tie her down once you get there. I'll be down in ten." He ordered the boys as they stopped in front of him. They solemnly nodded, before continuing on.

I craned my neck to see Alvin walking towards Nathan, starting to discuss something heatedly. My view of them was suddenly cut off as the door slammed shut.

As we reached the elevator and waited for its arrival, I looked up at my two captors, trying to search for the slightest hint of emotion. They just kept their faces blank and continued staring ahead silently.

Once we stepped in, I decided to try and talk to them. "So what did the chipmunk do to get you young boys to join is evil mafia?" I asked casually, looking at each of them. The one to my right had dark brown hair with hazel eyes and soft features. The one to my left had dirty blonde hair and cold blue eyes, his features more sharp. He didn't exactly look as friendly as brunette boy over to my right.