♚ Chapter 28 ♚

Chapter 28 Warning

Bang!

The loud sound of the gun echoed through the entire room. I felt a hot liquid on my chest then followed by an excruciating pain.

'It hurts. Please make the pain stop.' My mind screams, but my mouth is clamp shut. I can't even speak. It feels like every part of my body is paralyzed and numb.

As I fall into the ground, I can see the figure in front of me smiling wickedly. Is this how I will die? If I can laugh, I would've done it right now. Who would have guess that the one who'll end my life is myself? And the last image that will forever engrave my mind before everything will turn into darkness is also my face?

How ironic.

I closed my eyes waiting for the impact, but instead of the cold tiled floor hitting my back, I submerge deep into the water. Water filled my lungs and I'm now gasping for air.

Like any other normal person would do, I struggle and swim all the way to the surface. It surprises me that I can move after being shot point blank into the heart.

Suddenly, somebody grabs my wrist and effortlessly pulled me out of the water. Once my body left the coldness of the water, I cough non-stop trying to expel all the water out of my mouth.

"So, are you done?" The person asked. Even if I didn't look up, I know that voice. The stunt she did earlier is still fresh in my mind and no doubt, it will be forever engraved in my memory.

Without further ado, I immediately put my hand on my chest expecting to find blood, but there's nothing.

H-how?

"You're really gullible to believe that I can kill you," The girl said before throwing a fit of laughter.

I look up and saw her. The girl standing in front of me is no longer the little kid I saw earlier, but a young woman wearing a simple white dress. She's laughing hysterically as she watch me struggle to fill my lungs with air.

"That's not even funny," I told her without any hint of amusement in my voice. To tell you the truth, even if we share the same face, I despise her behavior. Laughing at somebody else's demise is not morally right.

She suddenly stops laughing and look at me straight in the eyes. The way she look scares the hell out of me. It was devoid of any emotion. It reminded me of our first encounter.

"You-" She started saying before kneeling in front of me. Now that we're seeing each other eye to eye, I can't help but feel terrified on how our facial features greatly resembles each other. Her blue eyes shine with unspoken rage. "-despise me?"

My eyes rounded at her statement. How-

"-can I hear your thoughts?" She said finishing what my mind is thinking. A cold sweat run down through the side of my face. "Let me tell you something first my dear Tasha," I saw her smirk and place her hand on my chin pulling it up slightly.

"I am you and you are me. Your thoughts and mine are one and the same. Always remember that." She finished before letting go of my chin and standing up.

Instead of reacting to what she just told me, I remained silent. For some unknown reasons, I believe her.

"Anyway, I'm glad you understand what I'm trying to say," She said before offering me her hand which I just stared at. I'm hesitating whether it's a good idea to take it.

I heard her sigh. "Doubting yourself won't do you anything good," She said before forcefully pulled me up. "You can only trust yourself," She told me meaningfully before turning around and start walking away.