Chapter 40

Trevi Trouble

"Unbelievable!" I exclaimed as I ran my fingers through my hair. "How dare he do this to me!"

When we arrived in Rome, the first thing that Axel did was to drop me off in a hotel.

"You just need to enjoy the nice view," Mason said as he look straight at me with a smile.

"What view are you talking about? The walls?" I snapped. "Aren't you mad and bored that you're stuck here?"

Mason glanced at his surroundings and shrugged. "Not really because you're here. With you around everything seems entertaining." He said sweetly.

I rolled my eyes at his statement. "Save your lines to someone else, lover boy."

"I'm wounded!" He said faking the hurt expression as he clutch his chest.

"I thought he's willing to let me go with him. How come he left me again inside this place and..and..." I paused and look around. We're currently inside the living room of the suite that the almighty Montblanc rented. In every corner, I see men wearing black suits. "With a bunch of bodyguards!"

"Relax, I'm still here." Mason said.

I shot him a glare. "You're no different than the rest of them. In fact you're worse than them!"

Mason just smiled at my accusation.

"To think that he let me go with him in Rome." I whined. "Only to get stuck inside a hotel suite." I said grumpily before I sit in the couch.

Mason sit on my side and said, "Hey love, smile."

"Don't talk to me." I snapped.

He laughed. "Aw... the little princess is whining. Cute."

"I'm not little! You're just taller." I said before facing the opposite direction. I don't want to see his face. It reminded me of the events that had occurred earlier today when he volunteered that he'll keep an eye on me as Axel and Dianara dragged Marshall with him at some meeting.

"Wanna go out?" He suddenly proposed.

He immediately caught my attention. Slowly, I turn towards him.

"Go out where?" I asked.

"Out. As in outside. Or do you prefer to call it a date?" Mason said flashing me his signiture flashy smile.

"Really?" I asked unable to believe the things he's spouting.

"Why not? He said that I'll watch over you. He never said that I'll restrain or lock you up inside this suite." He said as a matter of fact.

This time, the smile that I've been hiding surfaced.

"Shall we?" He said offering me his arm.

Giving him the brightest smile that I can manage, I said "Let's go then!" before looping my arm around his arm. "But this is not a date." I clarified.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, my love." He said before getting out of the room.

***