♚ Chapter 4 ♚

Like A Businessman

Have you ever been in a situation that someone's threatening you but instead of getting scared, you feel protected? Call me insane but that's what I'm feeling right now. I believe him when he told me that he disposes anyone who lied to him, but there is this gut feeling that he won't hurt me.

"I don't think you're a bad person," I suddenly blurted out.

O-kay? I mentally slap myself when I realize my mistake.

He pulled away from my left ear with an amused facial expression on his face but quickly recovered. I think I just caught him off-guard. As a matter of fact, I am also surprised. At least I now know that his face is not as emotionless as I think it is.

His hand on my chin traces down to my neck up to the cold pendant of my necklace. It was originally a ring, a heirloom given to me by my grandfather before he died years ago. I decided to hang it on my neck like a necklace since it doesn't fit my finger. 

He looks at it intently. For a moment, I think I saw something flash in his eyes. I blinked just to make it sure, but when I opened it again, all I saw was his usual cold orbs. Suddenly, he lets go of the ring and look at me, his eyes flashing with anger.

I guess I'm wrong.

"Be careful of what you say, woman or you might regret it," He told me menacingly. I should be scared out of my wits by now, but I'm not. I don't know why also. Before I could even utter a word, somebody beat me to it.

"Hey! Why is it so dark in here?" A voice said from across the room. It was then, followed by a clicking sound, and the lights of the chandelier are now on. I got blinded by the sudden brightness, so I used my hands to shield my eyes. I shut my eyes close as I wait for it to get used to the sudden light.

"What are you doing there, man?" I heard the newcomer say. "Where's the chick ly- Woah man! What is she doing there?" I heard him asked again.

When my eyes finally adjust, I saw a blonde guy pointing his finger at me. "Shut it, Mason," The black-haired man in front of me answered. Mason ignored him starts taking a step forward. When he's only a few feet away from me, "Glad that you're finally awake miss. I'm Mason. You are?" He introduces and extends his hand.

"Tasha," I answered. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance," I added reluctantly. There's no harm befriending them until I know their motives.

When I'm about to reach his hand for a shake, he snatches it and give a gentle kiss. It caught me off-guard for a second, but I immediately regain my composure. As part of being royal, I'm used to this kind of greeting. 

"Pleasure is all mine," He said and gave me a wink.

Now that's unexpected.

So he's that type, huh? The Casanova gentleman that entertains the ladies, unlike the black-haired man I was talking to earlier. He's rude and doesn't have any manners.

"How did I get here?" I suddenly asked, unaffected by his pheromones.

I notice that he's looking at me with amusement plastered on his attractive face. Yes, he's attractive. I'll give him credit for that. Though, not as handsome as the black-haired man.

"Man! I think I like this chick," He told the black-haired man, but his eyes are still on me.

"I hate to be rude but... could you please stop staring at me like I'm a specimen at some laboratory?" I told him.