chapter eight: [finding star wars]

"Why am I so afraid to lose you, when you're not mine?"

    Indigo's POV

"Hey, try not to bleed out on my seats, okay? We're almost there." Stiles huffed, giving Derek a disgusted look.

  "Almost where?" Derek sighed, a tired but confused look on his face.

"Your house." Stiles stated in a 'duh' tone.

  "What? No. No, you can't take me there." Derek hurried, almost pleading.

"We can't take you to your own house?" I scoffed, leaning towards the console. Derek barely titled his head to glare at me.

  "Not when I can't protect myself." He growled, his eyes still on me.

"All right." Stiles huffed, immediately pulling over. He twisted the keys and the car rumbled off as he turned all the way in his seat to look at Derek. "What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hmm? Are you dying?"

"Not yet." Derek sighed, pulling up his sleeve inch by inch tiredly. "I have a last resort.

  "What do you mean? What's last re- Oh my god!"

Derek revealed a gross-looking hole on his arm, oozing dark black blood. Purple veins trailed off and faded into his pale skin. I felt my stomach lurch, my hand slamming over my mouth in case of hurling.

"What is that?" Stiles eased, a disgusted look plastered on his face. "Oh- is that contagious? You know what, you should probably just get out."

  "Start the car." Derek growled, ignoring Stiles request. "Now."

"I don't think you should be parking orders with the way you look, okay? In fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out into the middle of the road and leave you for dead." Stiles snapped.

  Derek's hand snapped back, gripping my throat. Both of my hands scratched at his, trying to pry them off as they cut off my air supply. I was more stunned at the fact they felt almost identical to the ones from my dream. My eyes sat wide, just like Stiles'.

"Start the car or I'm gonna' rip her throat out." Derek stared at Stiles. "With my teeth."

  "Okay, just- just let her go." Stiles hurried looking from me to Derek worriedly.

I let out a gasp as Derek lessened his grip and removed his hand, sitting back normally in his seat. I took deep, amazing breaths, feeling the cold air run through again.

"Are you okay?" Stiles sighed. I nodded, giving him a soft smile. He let out another breath, before turning around to the wheel and turning the keys.

˛

  "You've got to be kidding me." I sighed, watching as Stiles pulled into the Beacon Hills Animal Clinic parking lot. This is where we're taking Derek?

"Scott said Deaton was gone by now. It's all we've got." Stiles shrugged as he shut off the car. He hopped out and I followed, helping him get Derek out of the jeep and into the clinic. I shoved the front door open, Stiles and Derek stumbling into the examination room. Stiles let go, causing Derek to slam into the metal table.