chapter twenty-seven: [i need you]

" What did my fingers do before they held him? What did my heart do, with it's love?"

      Indigo's POV

   My knees rested against the counter-top of the hospital front desk, feet propped up on the edge of my seat. I chewed the inside of my cheek nervously, feeling Melissa's stare on the side of my head. Burning into me, awaiting for me to throw up my problems.

   "It's-" I huffed, pausing as I fiddled with the t-shirt for the umpteenth time. "It's Stiles."

"Well, what about him?" She asked, leaning back in her chair, arms crossed over her purple nurse scrubs.

     "Him." I groaned, throwing my head back. How in the hell did I think I could talk to her about my problems without telling her my problem?

 "Wow, sorry, could you be a bit more vague?" Melissa furrowed her eyebrows, tilting her head. I sighed, turning to her, my feet dropping to the tile floor with a 'thump'.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. "I- I kept something from him. Something- something I probably should've told him first. And now- I think he hates me. He won't talk to me, will barely look to me-"

        "Honey, I don't mean to completely turn around your argument, but Stiles doesn't hate you." She chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

"That's what Scott said."

    "Maybe he really has been listening to me. . ." She nodded to herself, before taking a deep breath and leaning towards me.

   "Indigo, I'm going to tell you something that everybody's been telling you, and maybe you'll listen to me."

      I nodded, waiting.

      "I've never seen Stiles more- infatuated with someone than with you. I mean, sweetie, you walk into a room and it's like- it's like the someone told the boy he'd won the lottery." She smiled brightly. I just let out a loud whining noise, frowning.

     "Fine, you don't want cheesy?" She scoffed, shrugging. "Fine. Here. This secret- whatever it may be- obviously was something Stiles felt he should've known. And when you didn't tell him- Indigo, Stiles thinks you don't trust him enough. He's hurt, angry, sad, let down- but honey, he couldn't hate you."

   "You really think that?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I know that." She smiled softly.

      I took a deep breath, but noticed the look on Melissa's face.

"What?" I asked. Her face didn't change.

    "Do you love him?" She asked. My eyes widened and my eyes fell to the tile floor. I'd never put any- name to it. But, did I now?

  "How do I know?" I asked, eyebrows furrowed. Melissa chuckled, shaking her head.

"I don't know." She shrugged. My shoulders dropped, letting out an annoyed breath. "But-"