chapter twelve: [need that necklace]

"Or maybe home is just two arms wrapped around you when you're at your worst."

    Indigo's POV

"I'm gonna kill you!" Scott roared, struggling even harder as his teeth grew under his lip.

  "You hurt her, Scott, okay?!" He yelled, taking an intimidating step forward, although I knew he wouldn't dare get close enough to where Scott could reach him.

   "That's, the one girl that actually- and, you know, all day I've been thinking, it's probably just the full moon, you know? He doesn't even know what he's doing, and tomorrow- he'll be totally back to normal. He probably won't even remember what a complete- dumbass- he's been. A son of a bitch, freaking unbelievable piece of crap friend!" Stiles snapped. My eyes widened, surprised at his level of hostility.

  "I don't know what you're talking about." Scott huffed. Stiles froze, his eyebrows furrowing. No, no, no. Scott can't turn this on me.

"What?" Stiles whispered.

  "She's lying. I'd asked her like you said. And when she said no, I couldn't tell you. So, Indigo thought lying to you was better than sparring your petty little feelings. Good thing too. She would've been so blunt, rude, and so upfront that you'd have no choice but to-"

"Stop it!" I screamed, tears making my vision blurry. I hurriedly looked to Stiles, probably wearing a hysterical look on my face. "Stiles, don't listen to him. He's- he's not right. Scott asked me if Lydia like you and then continued to tell me that I was useless and stupid and-"

  "Wait." Stiles stopped me, turning back to Scott. "Why the hell would you ask her if Lydia liked me?"

"Because you're madly in love with her, aren't you?" Scott smirked at both of us. I let out a breath, shaking my head.

  "I can't I can't! I'm not staying in this room." I huffed. I stomped out of the room, wiping my tears hastily. No crying. I said I was done with it, and I am. No. More. Crying.

"Indigo!" I heard Stiles shout, his feet pounding after me. I stopped abruptly, snapping around to him. Not that I had any annoyance towards him. Scott just put me in a mood.

   "I know you wouldn't lie, okay? I don't believe Scott." Stiles soothed, gently placing his hands on my upper arms, while his thumbs massaged my shoulders. I sniffled and nodded, not making eye contact.

"Please, Stiles-" I heard Scott cry out. "let me out. It's starting to hurt. It's not like the first time. It's the full moon. It's Allison breaking up with me. I know it's not just taking a break. She broke up with me. And it's killing me. Just, please, let me out."

  I sighed, but Stiles disregarded Scott's pleas and pulled me into his embrace. I greedily wrapped my arms around him, quickly accepting his hold. He began sinking to the floor, bringing me with him as we sat against the wall. Stiles began to rub my back as I took deep breaths to calm myself, Scott continuing to struggle and plead.

"Don't listen." Stiles shook his head. "Just- focus. Focus on something."

I nodded against his chest, which held my focus. The heartbeat under his chest, the soft rhythmic thumping almost putting me to sleep.