chapter twenty-eight: [all-star player]

" When I saw you, I fell in love and you smiled, because you knew."

      Indigo's POV

   Sitting in the office, waiting for Stiles to walk out of Morrell's office was nerve racking. My leg bounced crazily, nails sat in between my lips nervously as I chewed them. They'd been in there a while. What could they be talking about for that long?

      Besides how insane Matt was.

   The doorknob turned and I shot up out of my seat. Stiles walked out with his backpack slung over one shoulder, holding his lacrosse stick in the other. Morrell stepped into the doorway, watching as he walked out. Stiles' gaze changed from the floor to me, giving me a short smile. I returned in and let his arms wrap around me, ready to leave me with Morrell.

   "Don't tell anything." He whispered quietly, before pulling away and placing a small kiss on my lips. Stiles stepped away, looking to me, waiting for an answer. I nodded and he relaxed, finally walking out of the office.

"Come on, Indigo." I heard Morrell. I turned to her, seeing her smiling as she held the door open wider. "I think we have a lot to discuss."

     I sighed, walking in past her. I took the one seat in front of her desk, watching as she shut the door, taking her time to sit back down in her chair.

"So, how are you? After what happened last night?" She asked, setting her arms on the desk. I scoffed.

      "You mean how stable am I after being held at gunpoint for two hours?" I raised my eyebrows, before shrugging. "Fine."

"You and Stilinski seem to be fine." Morrell smiled, referencing the small kiss outside as she flicked her head in direction of the door. I sat still, not answering.

    "Look, Indigo." Morrell broke the silence. "The only way for me to help is for you to open up."

"And if I don't want help?" I narrowed my eyes at her. She didn't falter, just let a smile fall to her lips.

    "I think you'll get help either way."

˛

    After school, Stiles drove me home since the championship game was tonight. I'm sure Scott was already home, since Stiles decided one kiss just wasn't quite enough. I admit, the smile that came on his face when we kissed made me all the more happier.

Stiles pulled into my driveway, the sunset setting half-light on our house. He parked the Jeep, looking to me as I unbuckled. I felt one of his hand grab mine and I looked to him, smiling.

   "I'll see you at the game, okay?" I said, nodding to him. He nodded and began leaning in, so I did the same.