chapter twenty-four: [restraint]

"I've never been so scared to lose something in my entire life. Then again, nothing in my life has ever meant as much to me as you do."

       Indigo's POV

     "If Jackson doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know someone's controlling him." Allison mused.

    "Or, he doesn't remember." Scott shrugged.

  "What if it's the same kind of thing that happened with Lydia at the hospital?" Stiles looked to us.

       "A fugue state." Allison sighed.

"He'd have to forget everything. The murder," Scott started.

      "Getting rid of the blood." Allison continued.

"He had help with one thing, though." Stiles huffed. "The video. And someone else helped him forget that."

      "Whoever's controlling him." Scott's eyes widened.

"Are you sure Jackson has no clue about any of this?" Allison asked.

      "He thinks he's still becoming a werewolf and that being with Lydia somehow delayed the whole thing." Stiles scoffed.

"So, do we try to convince him he's not?" I asked.

     "If it helps us find out who's controlling him, then, yeah." Scott nodded.

"Do you think he'll talk to us after what we did?" Allison spoke in an aggravated tone.

      "Yeah." Stiles shrugged nonchalantly. "It's us. He'll talk to us."

Me and Scott raised an eyebrow. Would he?

    Stiles shrugged. "Right?"

˛

"You will not go within 50 feet of Jackson Whittemore. You will not speak to him. You will not approach him. You will not assault or harass him physically or psychologically." Sheriff called out from the clipboard he had in hand, before dropping it to the metal table, making us all flinch.

    There was a long silence, making everyone awkwardly look around. Except for Jackson's dad, who still looked pissed. Melissa looked to me, not exactly angry, but whatever it was made me feel awful. Like she was disappointed.

   "What about school?" Stiles wondered, fidgeting in his chair.

"You can attend classes while attempting to maintain a 50-foot distance." His dad nodded slowly. But, of course, Stiles continued.

     "Okay, what if we both have to use the bathroom at the same time and there's only two stalls available and they're only right next to each other?"