chapter sixteen: [scream sisters]

Indigo's POV

    My eyes snapped open, and I was revealed to the white light of the room. I hissed and threw my hand in front of my eyes, waiting for them to adjust. My corneas burned, but as the pain settled, I dropped my hands slowly back to my side.

    Looking around, I was still in the hospital, my same room from before taunting me. I tried to sit up, but multiple tugs at my arm slapped me back down to the mattress. I grunted and looked over, seeing wires stringing me to machines. I rolled my eyes and grasped them all with one hand, ripping them out. A sting radiated in my arm, but I shrugged it off, noticing another hold back.

A syringe sticking out of my arm.

My mouth dropped as I gazed at it, horrified. She just- left it in me?

    Gripping it, I pulled it out as well, throwing it onto the metal pan next to my bed. Finally.

I swung my legs over the edge and slid off the bed, meeting my bare feet to the cold floor. A shiver ran up my legs, making take a deep breath.

   "Indigo?"

   I froze and looked up, and instant relief flooded my body when I spotted Melissa at the door.

"Thank god. . ." I sighed, rubbing my forehead. Concerned, Melissa took slow steps towards me.

    "What's wrong? Do you need something?" She asked, putting a soft hand on my shoulder. I licked my lips nervously and nodded.

"Could- I, uh- Shower." I sputtered. "Can I take a shower?"

    "Yeah," She smiled, walking towards another door in my room. "Right in here, there's some towels under the sink and you just turn the handle to the left to turn it on, okay?"

  I smiled and nodded at her, walking over. The patient dress swung at my knees as I walked, the crunchy fabric itching at me.

I walked into the bathroom, and was instantly met with a mirror. I watched my eyes widen at my appearance. I was sweaty, pale, and dark circles ran under my eyes.

   "Just let me know when you're done; I'll be outside your room with clothes." Melissa smiled, closing the door as she left. I waited a few seconds, before reaching down and quickly pressing in the lock.

I pushed the curtain open and found the handle, turning it to the left. Clear water poured out and I dipped my hand under it, feeling cold water change to warm water. I sighed at the warm feeling, almost excited to be able to bathe in this warm water. I found a button and guessed this is how it would go to the shower head. Pushing it, a rickety noise rang out, before water came out from the top. I nodded in success, before shrugging off the patient dress.

I dropped it next to the bath, before stepping over and into it. I shut the curtain and moved under the water, humming. The warm water fell smooth over my skin, dragging the sweat down my body as I cleaned.

I ran my hands through my hair, getting it entirely wet. I could feel my hands literally dragging out the dirt and sweat from the water. I did this more, until my hair deemed clean. I turned around and closed my eyes, splashing water over my face, placing my hands over my face as I wiped it off.