chapter twenty-three: [clubbing]

"Now I can't predict what the future holds, but I will fight forever to keep you close."

   Indigo's POV

    Allison was in charge of getting a shaken up Lydia home, leaving me to sit in the jeep with Stiles and Scott. We followed Derek, who was on foot, to a bridge. Or, under it. Stiles slammed on the breaks and when I looked up, I saw the spikes that sat, forbidding cars.

   "What do we do now?" Stiles asked, but Scott was already out of the car., sprinting. I heard gunshots and I froze.

    "The Argents. They're here."

Stiles' phone went off and he flinched, before picking it up. "Scott followed it to a club."

   "Guess that means we're going." I sighed, jumping to the front seat.

˛

  Stiles parked and we ran, seeing Scott at the corner of the building, looking to the line of the club. We neared Scott and when Stiles put his hand on his shoulder, Scott practically jumped three feet in surprise.

  "Sorry, sorry." Stiles winced. Scott took a deep breath and let it out, calming his heart beat.

"Did you see where he went?" I asked. Scott shook his head.

    "Lost him."

 "You couldn't catch a scent?" Stiles eyes widened.

"I don't think he has one." Scott's eyebrows furrowed.

   "Alright." Stiles sighed. "Any clue where he's going?"

"To kill someone." Scott nodded.

   "Ah," Stiles nodded. "That explains the claws and the fangs and all that. Thanks. Makes perfect sense now."

Scott rolled his eyes at him, giving him a 'really?' look.

  "What?" Stiles sighed. "Scott, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bones, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."

"Just help me find it." Scott snapped.

     "It? Jackson." Stiles reminded him.

"I know. I- I know." Scott shook his head.

   "Alright, but does he know that?" Stiles asked. "And did anybody else see him at your house?"

"Uh, I don't think so." Scott whispered. "But he passed Derek's test anyways."

    "How did he past the test?" Stiles scoffed.