6

November 26, 2015.

Dear Wyatt,

Today Callie packed up her bags and began the long journey back to Wisconsin with her family. You know better than most that even though Callie and I are sisters, we've never been close. We just never saw eye-to-eye on matters. While this still remains true, Callie and I got along in ways I never would have believed possible before over these last few days. It's funny how I'm getting my sister back, but losing you.

Little Henry reached out his chubby arms to me as Callie was tying Mia's shoes for the ride home, and for a moment I felt my lips turning upwards, even though if you were here, Henry would have chosen you without a doubt.

Mia pranced up to me and wrapped her arms around my legs in attempt to hug me. She told me to tell you to come next time because she didn't get to play princess with you, and I almost broke down right then and there with my parents, sister, brother-in-law, and niece all watching. Fortunately, I miraculously managed to keep the tears from escaping until I fled to my room the minute they shut the door behind them. I'm ashamed to say that I sobbed long enough that my eyes were irreversibly puffy, my throat ached, my head throbbed, and my nose was so plugged that I couldn't breathe through it even if my life depended on it. I've always been such a watering pot, and I find myself growing to resent it more everyday.

If for one moment I could have you pull my head against your chest and hold me close while I fought the tears, I swear I could be okay. But then again, if you were here, I would have much less to shed a tear or two over.

Savannah

A/N: please vote/comment/follow! Thank you!