16

December 31st, 2015

Dear Wyatt,

Sometimes it hurts so much that I wish I had some ailment with greater pain to distract me. Sometimes it hurts so much that my chest aches and I yearn to cry, but I can't squeeze a single tear out. Sometimes it hurts so much, I think I will never breathe right again.

And sometimes, just sometimes, I wonder if maybe I loved you too much, that maybe the kind of love I had for you was dangerous.

I'm scared of how much I still love you. Because I do love you still, more than ever. It's been four months since you left me, and I can't help but wonder why I can't let go of you, why I still love you.

It's New Year's Eve, and you're not here. It's New Year's Eve and I'm not going to have anyone to kiss as the clock strikes midnight. It's New Year's Eve and I've never been less ready to start a new year of my life.

It suddenly all seems so cold and final that you're gone. You're really gone. You're six feet under the ground and cold as stone, devoid of life. There are no do over's; this is it. You're gone, and I'm going to have to live this next year completely without you in it. And I hate that thought.

Savannah

A/N: make sure to drop me a comment, vote, and follow! Thanks!