7

November 30, 2015.

Dear Wyatt,

Today's Distract Savannah Task assigned to me by Mom was filtering through the piles in my room. And believe me, there was plenty of them (although somehow I don't think you would doubt me for one moment on this matter. You were always such a clean freak and I was, well... not).

I'm still on the fence about whether I'm secretly grateful to my mom for forcing me into this or if I resent her for it, because let me tell you: you're everywhere. And not sorting through my clutter since I moved into my room as a freshman in high school left years for tokens of the time we spent together to be shoved in miscellaneous corners and be forgotten. Searching through my piles was like using hand sanitizer after picking the wild raspberry patch behind behind your house; it stung.

The first memorabilia I found was a pair of creased tickets to that elegant symphony concert you dragged me to as a senior in high school. I remember feeling so out of place at that concert; I, a seventeen year old girl who had never read music before in her life, let alone knew what was appropriate to wear and do at these fancy things.

Underneath the tickets was a low quality black and white picture from that night. Your arm was wrapped loosely around my waist and you send me an easy grin. I'm turned towards you with a smile bright enough to light up the depths of the sea, a smile clearly caused by you and you alone. The heels that my sister had somehow talked me into that night lessened our height difference, and I suspect that holding onto your right shoulder was helping me out a great deal with managing to stay up on those tall tottering things. We were both obviously unprepared for our picture to be taken, yet somehow it captured a moment more perfect that any photoshoot director could come up with.

I can admit now that I understood very little of that symphony concert and that my musical ignorance made it challenging for me to appreciate it on the level that you did

I can admit now that I understood very little of that symphony concert and that my musical ignorance made it challenging for me to appreciate it on the level that you did. The show had been long and filled with many classical 'pieces' written eons ago, and I had been bored to tears the whole time. But seeing you light up as you animatedly described the details of that performance and how spectacular the trumpet section was made the painful heels and the three lengthy hours all worth it.

Savannah

A/N: thank you for all the awesome feedback I've been getting about this story lately!! it literally makes my day ok.

I decided I might try out the new media feature wattpad added in this chapter. do we like this?

as always, vote if you enjoyed and comments and follows are appreciated also. thank you for reading!!