14

December 25, 2015; 5:59pm

Dear Wyatt,

Wyatt, this Christmas has been so different.

And I hate it.

Because we didn't go on our stocking raid last night, I didn't know what everyone was getting. For once, I didn't have to fake surprise.

Well, I did have to fake surprise regarding socks. I don't know how my mom expects those to be a surprise anymore. For the record, I got sixteen pairs, two of which were fuzzy. Not as many as some years, but certainly not a shabby amount of socks by any means. I'm either going to have to get rid of some of my old socks or invest in a bigger sock drawer.

Mia drew me a picture for Christmas. It displays the typical art skills of a four year old: stick figures and hands that are circles with spikes coming off of them in every direction for fingers, yet it has a certain charm to it regardless.

The picture shows four people: Mia, Henry, you, and I, each of us labeled with our names underneath, written by Callie at Mia's request. Our stick figure selves are standing next to each other, our spiky hands intertwined (at least I assume we're holding hands. It's hard to say for sure when you're looking at a four-year-old's rushed drawing).

The picture gave me a sinking feeling in my stomach: the same one I get over and over every time I remember that this is real: you're gone and never coming back. Somedays I think I can be fine, but at the worst times, these realizations seem to happen and remind me otherwise.

I love you more than ever before, and I'm missing you so much, Wyatt. My brother-in-law wore that dumb Christmas carol singing hat my dad bought on clearance years ago, and I wanted to tear it right off of his head. You always wore that hat; it's your thing.

Perhaps the hardest part is seeing people move on with their lives without you in it. I don't want you to be replaced or forgotten. You, Wyatt Morse, were one of a kind. You left a mark on me and made me a better person. That's something I can't move on from, nor do I want to.

Savannah

A/N: wow I freaking love Wyatt so much you have no clue. please vote, comment and follow if you enjoyed! Thanks!!