II - "Sarcasam is a weapon"

It had been a week since Hansol had befriended Seungkwan. In this week, Hansol was invited to a party once, hung out with the cool kids twice, and was dropped off at the station by Seungkwan in his sports car three times. Yet, once school was over, no matter how hard Hansol tried, all contact with Seungkwan was off. It was as if, once school was over Seungkwan no longer talked to anyone. Hansol didn't no why. Until now.

"You work at a beauty shop?" Hansol was here for his sister and mother, and he figured he might as well get a hair cut. He didn't think his barber would be Seungkwan. "Yah! Keep quiet, alright? We're not allowed to work but I love this job. Though, I like working with girls more." Hansol was slightly offended, but then he realized it made sense. Who wouldn't love a job in which you attended a bunch of girls, both old and young. That's a dream job.

"You like hair and makeup, and stuff?" Hansol asked, letting Seungkwan put a cape to cover him, to prevent hair getting on his clothes. "By the way, I just want a trim." Seungkwan nodded, understanding. "Also, yes, I do like hair. Makeup on the other hand isn't really my thing." Hansol nodded, mouthing an okay.

For the rest of the haircut they didn't talk, only glancing at each other every now and then. The silence was not awkward, as it felt strangely pleasant.

***

   If and only if, Seungkwan had too choose between Seungcheol and Soonyoung, he'd choose Soonyoung. Unlike Seungcheol, Soonyoung knew how to take a joke. But that story is for a bonus chapter.

   "But hyung, I'm not even kidding. The girl said I could become the next Beyoncé! I think so too, have you heard me sing? Plus, my ass is stellar," Seungkwan went on and on about how amazing he truly is. "Cocky much?" Soongyoung snickered, flipping through his magazine. "Oh look, SS501's sub-unit group SS301 is making a comeback. You think they'll be any good?" Seungkwan didn't even bother answering his elder's question, as he was too busy checking his reflection on his mirror on his locker door.

   "Sexiness like me has to be taken care of," he mumbled.

On the other side of the hallway, was Hansol rushing at his locker. Specifically being rushed by Jihoon. "Hurry up. You're too slow. Why are you such a fucking sloth?" Hansol sent him glare for swearing so loudly but didn't say anything. "Well, at least you're not as bad as Wonwoo. That boy is too fucking slow for my fucking patience." Hansol could only shake his head at Jihoon's swearing.

"Gosh, wash your mouth." Jihoon snorted at that. "You've spent too much time with Jesus." Hansol shook his head, "his name is Jisoo," Hansol corrected. Jihoon gave him a smirk. "What's the difference?." They walked together, trying their best to get to home and career. Hansol accidentally bumped into someone, so he mumbled a sorry.

   "Gosh are you blind? What are you doing now? Kimbap Kidding?" Seungkwan sasses, trying to speak English. He tried. Someone give him a sticker. Hansol halted in his tracks to face Seungkwan. Quickly, Seungkwan regretted calling Hansol out but redeemed himself. He is the diva. "Your English is very low quality," Hansol countered, a serious expression on his face. Seungkwan let the words sink in. His? His English was low quality?! "What are you talking about? Low quality?! low quality?!" The diva shrieked, offended. "Yes, low quality." With that, Hansol walked away. That was a victory for him. Which was a sunrise. No one really ever beat any of the divas in that school.

   Especially not Diva Boo.

***

   "You!" Hansol jumped, startled. Who was calling for him? Currently, Hansol was seated on the bleachers of the inside gymnasia, since he didn't feel like participating in physical education today. "What's up diva boo?" Hansol asked, turning to face the angered Boo. "You embarrassed me!" Seungkwan exclaimed, as if it were the worst thing in the world.

   "So? You tried embarrassing me with your bad English," Hansol said, shrugging off what Seungkwan said. "Okay one, my English is not low quality! Two, that's my job, excuse you. Being a diva is a way of life, okay?" Hansol snorted at that, Seungkwan sending him a death glare. "Was that sarcasm?" It was Seungkwan's turn to snort.

   "Of course not. Sarcasm is a weapon. You have to use it wisely, it's why I don't use it too much." Hansol only nodded in fake comprehension. Yes, because Hansol cares about what diva's do. But Hansol was happy, like super happy. He had only been friends with Seungkwan for a week and life seemed to be getting more exciting already. That was great, that was amazing.

   "Anyway, my friends and I are going to the movies tomorrow, wanna come?" Hansol nodded, his face then lighting up from an idea that had just popped in mind. "You know, I'll go if I can take my friend Jisoo." If he took Jisoo, maybe the boring person Jisoo is will vanish and he will turn more exciting. That'd be great. Fantastic even. 

   Seungkwan thought about it, giving in. He seemed to notice Jeonghan's interest in Jisoo, but he could also see how annoyed Seungcheol would get by it. Seungkwan sensed a love triangle, and when Jeonghan was involved, it was a show to watch. "Definitely. Anyway, any other requests?" Seungkwan questioned the younger, tilting his head. "No, thanks hyung."

Seungkwan was a bit . . . shocked. No one ever really used honorifics with him. People always just shouted his name, called him a diva, or they would come up with their own nickname for him. 'Hansol has manners, lord bless him,' Seungkwan thought, somewhat staring at the American boy.

"Do I have something on my face?" Hansol asked seriously, looking a tad bit panicked. The older smiled, an actually honest one, and shook his head. Hansol raised an eye brow, never seeing Seungkwan smile like that. Not ever. Seungkwan has always been a cheerful person, but it was amazing to see that even he had one of those special smiles. Hansol was glad he had been the one to see it.

"You know, my friends like you, especially Chan. He thinks you're funny," commented Seungkwan, waiting for Hansol's reaction. "That's nice," was the only reply Seungkwan got. He only nodded, getting off the bleachers. He then walked away from Hansol, a grin on his face. As he walked the hallways, students smiled at him and greeted him. He did the same, walking past every student calmly. That was odd for him. The boy was usually skipping and singing.

By the time Seungkwan had made it to the library he had just realized that he forgot to hurt Hansol. "Ugh! What even is life?!" He shouted the question, frustrated out of his mind. He tugged on his hair, instantly regretting it since his hair was his most prized position. "Everything is going wrong lately!"

All Rights Reserved © 2016 animenbands

Edited September 3rd, 2016