IX - "I miss you"

Seungkwan dreaded the idea of going to school this week. For the past two weeks Seungkwan had been going to school, and no matter how many times Seungkwan tried talking to Hansol, he was being completely avoided. He tried so hard to talk to him, but Hansol would ignore him at all costs. He was either talking to someone else or saw Seungkwan and just walked away. 

   Though Seungkwan wanted to ask his friends for advice on how to handle such a situation, he knew he wouldn't be able to. He didn't want to out himself out of the closet. Not yet anyway. He thought about ways of telling them without completely lying to his friends, but it seemed impossible. The loud boy wasn't even sure he was gay. He was still looking for ways to tell them, he just didn't really find the right way. So he came up with substituting Hansol with the pronoun 'she' and not giving them a specific name. Seungkwan was sure it would work.

So there he was, standing in front of Seungcheol in frustration. His lunch break had just started, so instead of getting food, he bolted to find his friends. "Guys, I have an issue." He collapsed on the first free seat he saw. "I'm having trouble in paradise!" He exclaimed dramatically, still trying to maintain his attitude even in front of his friends. One thing Seungkwan didn't want to show, was his weak side.

He despises his weak side. He despises showing people how truly weak he is. Ever since he was little, he tried his best not to cry. Not in front of anyone. Not even his mom. Plus, Seungkwan strongly believed his crying face was the worst thing to hit this earth.

"What kind of trouble?" Soonyoung asked, no longer paying attention to whatever Chan was saying. "Well . . . big trouble." Seungkwan was regretting bringing it up, as it seemed putting it into words would be a bit too troublesome. Plus, he wasn't really a fan of sharing personal information.

"How do you get a girl's attention? Like, you wronged her and then they avoid you. What do you do then?" Now everyone was paying attention to him, because this has never happened to Seungkwan before. If anything, everyone he's ever had a romantic or sexual connection with, still liked him. Wether it was romantically or friendly.

   "You are having a problem like that? Really? You?" Seungcheol asked, sounding confused. It just never came across their minds that Seungkwan would be avoided. He possessed such a loud personality that it would require so much effort to even bother one's self to bother themselves.

Seungkwan only nodded, this time not doing it very enthusiastically or dramatically. He wasn't even putting effort into his act. He just wanted to fix things with Hansol. He wanted to be friends again. Possibly, something more. With that thought even crossing his mind, Seungkwan sat straight up and shook his head. He wanted to face palm but he figured he'd look too weird.

   "Well, what did you do to her?" How was Seungkwan supposed to say this? He didn't really know but he just spoke away. "We were friends with benefits and then she confessed and then I rejected her and broke it off," Seungkwan said in the fastest way possible. He didn't really fell comfortable talking about it.

"How do you feel? You know, that you don't see her anymore but yet you still do?" Soonyoung asked, his tone low. "I don't know. I miss hi-her. I miss her, I guess. I just really wanna fix things and get together again." When those set of word left his mouth, it seemed to connect to his whole group of friends but him. Though, Seungkwan was pretty sure Chan was just pretending to get it. After all, he wasn't even sure Chan knew what being friends with benefits even meant.

"Bingo! Bingo! We got an answer!" Soonyoung exclaimed overly excitedly, jumping out of his seat and jumping around in circles. But as soon as Soonyoung got up, a loud crash was heard. Everyone in the cafeteria turned their attention to where the crash came from, and from afar you could hear girls squealing.

Two tables away was a very red Joshua under a very pink Hansol. They both lay on the floor, their lunch trays scattered all over the floor along with the remaining of their food. Their lips were barely brushing against each other's but they were still touching. Both boys had their eyes wide open, and for some reason they were both completely frozen. It was until Seungkwan loudly stood up and yelled, "mind your own fucking business!" that everyone stopped staring at them and at him instead. He also helped Hansol hit reality once more, and he jumped straight up.

"I'm very sorry Joshua. It wasn't intentional, as you realized. I'm sorry I put you through this embarrassment," Hansol apologized, offering Joshua his hand to get up. Joshua took it and said; "you're my best friend, so it's okay." Without anyone noticing, Jeonghan had gotten up and walked over to them. "Joshua are you okay?'" He asked, sending Hansol a sideway dirty look. "Yeah." And soon enough Jeongahn took Joshua away to the boy's restroom to get him cleaned up from the food and stuff. Hansol was going to start picking the mess up, but a bunch of girls said that they'd handle it. Even though Hansol was grateful, he was sure they only did so because he gave them a show today.

   He was planning on turning on his heels and going to the school rooftop and think, but it finally truly processed what Seungkwan did. He didn't yell it just because, he sounded jealous. Hansol blushed at the thought. Seungkwan jealous?  For him? It seemed like such a silly dream, Hansol would love it to be true.

He was going to continue his tracks until he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned thinking it might be Joshua, but something about the size of the hand, the feel of the palm, he just had a feeling it was Seungkwan. He turned around to only discover he was right. "Hansol, can we talk?"

* * *

After searching for just the right place, they ended up in the music room. The bell had just rung too, and they were officially skipping class. But it was clear to the both of the, that this was more important. They felt as if, if they didn't sort this out now, nothing would ever change. After all, people change but memories don't. To Seungkwan, what he did with Hansol was a big deal. To Hansol, this was the first time he had ever liked someone.

They were both big deals to the other.

Hansol cleared his throat to get Seungkwan's eyes on him. "So . . . what's up?" Hansol asked, wanting to get on with it. Especially if it were him getting rejected again. Seungkwan knew what he had to say, he knew what he wanted to say. He just didn't know how. Every single way he thought of was very embarrassing. So he said the first thing that came to mind.

"I miss you." Those words meant more to Hansol than Seungkwan could ever imagine. "So, let's try going out, yeah?" Hansol was at a lost for words, so he only nodded. Seungkwan slowly but surely opened his arms, signaling he wanted a hug. So Hansol went in for it. And thus began their new relationship.

All Rights Reserved © 2016 animenbands

Edited November 3rd, 2016