Chapter 6

Isabelle's pov

Red silk sheets lay across my body. I open my eyes and realize I'm in the red room. Feeling a hand slide over my stomach and then wrap around me. I look to my side and see Ethan.

He lays beside me in the bed. His eyes are closed and little breaths escape his mouth. His face is smushed against the pillow making his lips seem puffy. I smile and move closer to him.

Almost as an instinct he nudges his head into my neck and slides a leg over me. I can feel his heart beating against me and I wish that this could happen more.
"Isabelle." he mumbles, startling me.
"Yes?"
"Isabelle." he mumbles again. Is he sleep talking?
"I want... Isabelle... tell you somethi.." he mutters and then moves himself completely on top of me, still asleep.

"Ethan. What do you want to tell me" I ask him while running my hands up his back. He shivers so I pull the blankets up farther on his back, so only his head was popping out from under it.
"I-" he breaths out.
"You what?" I say still rubbing his back.
"I-"
"Ethan you can tell me" I say reassuringly to him even though he's asleep.

"I love you." my body freezes and I peer down at him. His face had been all scrunched up in frustration and now it was completely peaceful looking. His lips pouted and I looked up at the ceiling.
"I love you too Ethan.." I whisper while running my hand through his hair. I kiss the top of his head and then close my eyes as my throat begins to feel like it was closing up. Wheezing quietly I try to calm my nerves. If only this was how he really felt.

Ethan's pov

I had been awake for a while. But I had pretended to be asleep just so I could tell Isabelle I loved her without it being a big deal. I regret it now that I can feel her shaking and hear her crying underneath me.

She had said she loved me too though and that excited me. After her breathing evened out and I waited a few minutes, I look up at her pretending to be tired.
"Isabelle."
"Ethan."
"Are you hungry?" I notice that her cheeks are still damp with tears so I try not to stare.
"No not really" she lightly pushes me off of her and turns away from me.
I grab for my phone off the night stand and check the time.
4:46pm

"Ethan do you know what you said to me in your sleep?" She asks, still facing me. I can feel her body tensing up beside me. I frown.
"Um no? I said something?" Lieing I escape out from under the tangled blankets and begin to walk for the door. Not caring that I'm nude.
"Never mind it doesn't matter." she laughs nervously.
"Isabelle do you know how to cook?" I stand between the hall and the door frame, covering myself slightly with the door.
"Um yeah?" She begins to get up while looking at me.
"Can you cook something nice for tonight? My parents and my brother and sister are coming over for dinner." I leave the room and make my way down the hallway.

Isabelle pov

After I changed into a burgundy knee cut dress and black flats, I moved to the kitchen to begin making dinner. I'm not that good at cooking so I decided to prepare the thing I'm best at making. Spaghetti and meat balls with garlic bread and caesar salad. I begin to roll out meat balls and then place them on a pan to be precooked. Then I cut up vegetables and pour tomato sauce into a big pot along with the minced carrots, celery, and mushrooms.
After cutting up a baguette and smothering garlic butter onto either side of each slice, I pour pasta into a pot of water and then turn the stove and oven on and put everything in there place to be cooked.

"What're you making? It already smells amazing" startled I turn to see Ethan walking down stairs in dress pants and a black dress shirt.
All black looks so good on him.

"Um spaghetti, garlic bread and caesar salad but I haven't started the salad yet because I don't want it to get soggy.." I go to sit on a stool and watch him as he walks towards me.
"You look beautiful." He says and places a hand on my cheek.
"Thank you." I blush and look down at my hands.