Chapter 11

Isabelle's pov

"Ethan can I ask you a couple questions?" I ask while we drive back to Ethan's house.
"Umm yeah sure." Ethan says while turning into his driveway. He turns to face me and places a hand over mine.

"Okay well I've been thinking a lot and Idk I just wanted to know why your mom pretended like she didn't know who I was when we met? And how does your grandmother know about the things you're into?" I say all at once.

"Oh well.. everyone in my family knows about the things I'm into.. it's just.. they think I'm past that. They think it was just a faze and I asked my mom to be discreet about you. I figure she knows I'm not fully past the dominant and submissive thing. She also thinks that you quit to come and work for me as my assistant... and she feels used I guess." Ethan says calmly.

I glare at him.
"Ethan.. did you actually tell your mother that I was quiting. You told me that she was firing me. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" I raise my voice at him and he sighs.
"I didn't know what else to do." He mumbles and leans back in his chair.
"Whatever. It's over now.. but I want you to tell her that I didn't quit to work for you. Tell her what actually happened." I glare over at him and then move to get out of the car.

"Uhh okay.." he sighs again and then hops out onto his driveway.
"Wait.." he mutters just as I'm about to head inside. I shoot him a strange look and then walk over to him.
"Come." He grabs me by the hand and then begins to walk around to the back of his house.

"The stars are really nice tonight." He whispers. He pulls out his wallet and fishs around in it. Eventually he finds a key. He pulls me along as we walk through the bush behind his house. A few minutes go by and we come to a almost house like dome. It was completely made of glass and inside seemed to be a place of living. I looked at him as we walked up to a door leading into the dome.

"We're sleeping in here tonight. We'll be able to see the stars from inside." He closes the door behind us and then switchs on a light. Lights flicker on one by one around the outline of the dome. It illuminates the inside and I see a bed placed in the middle. A little dresser off to the side and a rug just beside the bed. The floors were hardwood.

"When I come to florida I sleep in here most nights. I watch the stars and then dream about them. It's quite calming." He begins to unbutton his shirt and then gives me a confused look when I don't follow his lead.
"Well are you gonna sleep in a dress? I have extra shirts and sweat pants down here." He throws his shirt on the ground and then walks over to his dresser. Yanking the top drawer open he reachs in and pulls out a black long sleeve shirt and sweatpants.

"This is for you." He throws the shirt at me and I stumble to catch it. Turning away from him I slip off my dress and flats and then pull the shirt over myself. When I turn to face Ethan I see he's already laying in bed with his sweatpants on.
"Come here." He says and reachs for a remote off of the near dresser. I climb onto the bed and then lay down beside him. His arm under my neck.
He turns the lights off by pressing a button and again one by one they flicker out.

"This place is beautiful." I murmur.
"Yeah I know." He whispers. When the lights are fully off my eyes adjust and before me is a sky full of stars.
"Isabelle." I hear Ethan mutter.
"Yes Ethan?"
"I love you." He looks at me and smiles.
"I love you too Ethan." I smile back and then turn my attention to the stars once again.
"I promise I'll tell my mother what really happened once we get back to L.A."
"Okay." I roll into his arms and then sigh. The air is cool in here and felt refreshing compared to the hot thick air outside. Ethan kisses my forehead and I close my eyes. Prepared for sleep.

_________________________________________

Love ya all💟

-k