Chapter 8

Isabelle's pov

Pulling a spandex white tanktop over myself, I then slip on a black pencil skirt and zip it up. I walk to my closet and think about the night before. Did I force him into it? Is that why he was gone when I woke up.. was I not good enough? Did he not enjoy himself? Is he going to cast me out..

I take a look at myself in the mirror. A black blazer over my shoulders and red heels to add a pop to the outfit. Knocking at my closet door startles me, and I turn sharply.
"Isabelle?" Ethan rests his head on the door frame, and taps on the wall with the tips of his fingers.
"Oh Ethan, hey" I quickly begin to pick up my dirty clothes to distract myself.

"Can I talk to you about something?" Bending down beside me he picks up a pair of my panties and wiggles his eyebrows, snatching it away I throw the clothes in the hamper and turn to face him.
"Yes of course."
"Well a little while ago it was arranged for me to be flown out to florida for a business proposal, and I'm still going. I'll be leaving tonight for about a week.." he stares into my eyes and then runs a hand through his perfectly gelled hair.

"Oh okay.. do you want me to take care of the house?" Stepping around him I walk to my vanity and apply a layer of lipstick.
"Well no.. I have someone for that already.. my plan was to bring you with me. I bought another ticket and I hoped that you'd be willing to come." I glance at him, he was still leaning against the door frame of my closet, looking as exquisite as ever.

"Of course I'll join you. As your assistance of course." I breath out and take a step closer to him. Please say you want to be more.. please.
"Well you see I was highly hoping that you'd want to come with me as more then my 'assistant'. Maybe more like a friend or something." A pinkish hue rises in his checks and I smile.

"As a friend."
"Maybe more than that.. if you want." He clears his throat and steps closer to me.
"What are you implying?" I wrap my arms around his neck and glide my fingers across the back of his neck. He shivers and then folds his arms around my waist.
"I'm suggesting that you could perhaps join me as my lover or in other words... my girlfriend." He whispers the last weird in my ear and I smile.
"I think I'd like that." He let's out a deep gust of air and then kisses my chin.
"Great now let's go. I have tons of work to do if we're going to be home at a reasonable time so you can pack." he reachs out his hand for me and I drop my hand into his.

"Okay let's hurry home the plane leaves in 5 hours and we want to be there a bit early so we can grab something to eat." Ethan says while locking up his office door. He turns to face me but his eyes land on something past me.

"Grayson what are you doing here?" Ethan's jaw clenchs and I spin around to see Grayson standing only a few feet away.
"I came to talk to you, but what is Isabelle your 'girlfriend' doing here at your work." Grayson says while running his eyes over me as if my body would tell him the reason.
"Um she.. uh" Ethan stutters while searching for something to say.

"I came to work with him today so he could show me what he does and later on tonight we're hopping on a plane and flying out to Florida, our suitcases are in the car and we're heading to the airport right after this." I smoothly say while grabbing Ethan's hand. Grayson nods and then looks at his brother.
"Well I still need to talk to you." He walks towards Ethan.
"Here Isabelle can you go warm up the car while I speak with Grayson."
He passes me his car keys and then gives me a look to hurry up and leave.

Ethan's pov

After seeing Isabelle's worried face disappear behind the elevator doors I turn on Grayson.
"What do you want Grayson?"
"Well first things first mom wants you to spend more time with the family and help out with Cam's wedding and Cam wants you to bring Isabelle as your plus one."