The Encounter

There was a new prisoner at S.H.I.E.L.D.

Hela didn't know who it was, she'd never even seen him. She'd heard guards talking about him though. They say he's a really bad person who caused a lot of havoc on Earth. This led her to believe that he had to be from a different planet, she guessed Asgard.

Her uncle had told her not to go near the prisoner. "He's dangerous, Hela. Don't even think about what I know you are. This is serious business. He's only here for a few days while the prisons back on his planet are being rebuilt to make sure he stays in. Don't you dare go near him." The dead seriousness in his tone had been so frightening that Hela had agreed instantly.

Now though, her curiosity was eating her alive. She wanted to know who it was, or at the least what he looked like. Her uncle wouldn't have it though. Lately all of the Avengers had been keeping an eye one her. It was like they were guarding her to make sure she didn't get in that room. Even Tony had kept his eye on her as much as possible.

Hela sighed and flipped through a book. It was an older book that her uncle had given her from Asgard. She was particularly fond of it's short stories. Right now all she could think about was the prisoner.

"What could he have possibly done?" she wondered aloud.

"A lot," a voice said from behind her. She turned quickly and saw Steve standing outside her door. A small smile spread across her face as he walked in. "He did a lot, Hela," he repeated.

She sighed and the smile left her face. "What did he do?" The super soldier looked like he was in deep thought. Hela knew why. He wasn't supposed to tell her anything. After a pause, he sucked in a breath.

"He tried to take over this world," he started, choosing his words carefully. "He thought that the people of this world needed someone to rule them, and he wanted to prove himself to someone. So, he came with an army to attack and defeat us. But he lost."

Hela listened carefully and frowned. What could have possessed the man to do something like that? She didn't know.

"It's best you stay away from his. He's not a nice man, and he's not a good person for little girls to talk to." Steve smiled warmly and stood. She returned the smile, but her mind still wandered away to the prisoner. Who was he? Why would he do that? What made him do it?

Steve left her and once again, Hela was alone in her room. She sighed and closed the book with a small frown on her face. It was no doubt, she was extremely and positively bored.

 They said I couldn't go to the prisoner, but I can still wander the halls. Besides, I don't even know where the man is being held.

Hela stood and walked out of her room. Lately, she hadn't been getting into much trouble. After seeing her uncle as he was, she wanted to give him a rest. It was becoming extremely hard for her. The girl felt antsy, energetic, and anxious. She needed to do something.

She scowled. There was that silence again. It was unnerving, the deathly quiet was swallowing her. Hela felt her jaw tighten and her fists clench. The silence would be the death of her. She started to whistle, if only to destroy the quiet of the place.

The tune was nothing special, just something that she had thought of. She'd never actually heard it before until now, but the melody was soft and soothing. It calmed her nerves.

Hela found her way down a long hallway and realized she had no idea where she was. She'd never seen this part of S.H.I.E.L.D. before, and had no idea where to go or even how to get back. So, she kept walking. Soon she came across double doors that seemed to hold a great importance behind them. She shrugged and walked in.