Thor's Key

Hela watched the silver-eyed man crawl down the cliffside. She was standing on a ledge just below him, but he didn't seem to see her. He dropped down on a ledge and looked around quietly.

From what she could see, he was a handsome man in his twenties. He wore ragged clothes that looked like they once might have been very nice, but now were torn and covered in dirt. His hair was shaggy and his tanned skin was cut and bruised.

His silver eyes scanned the area as if he was looking for something. "Now, where is it," he whispered, his eyebrows knitted together in thought. "Come now, brother, where did you hide it?" he asked. Hela frowned at his smooth voice. What was he looking for?

Hela's eyes caught a gleam and she turned around. In the moonlight, something was shining farther below them. Whatever it was, it was stuck in the rocks.

The man's eyes caught it, too, and he grinned. "There," he whispered.

Slowly, he slid and crawled down to the object and began to dig it free of the rock and rubble. When he pulled it out, Hela got a better look at it. It was a beautiful, silver dagger.

"Finally," he said, a grin on his face, "Now if I can just find the stone. I'll kill him for taking this away from me. I'll kill him for killing me." He let out a laugh at his own words as if he found amusement in the very thought of it all.

Suddenly Hela felt herself being moved. She wasn't sure where she was, but she saw something gleaming in the light. It was beautiful, if she could only reach it...

Hela woke up with a jolt and sat up. She looked around her room quietly. The morning sun was coming through the doors of her balcony and lighting up her room. She sighed and rubbed her head, a small frown on her face.

She didn't take very long to get ready for the day before she went down to breakfast. Sif sat at the table and ate quietly. Hela walked over and sat beside her.

The warrior looked up and smiled before continuing to eat. "Good morning, Hela," she greeted. Hela smiled as a plate was set in front of her and nodded a thanks to the servant. She took a bite of egg.

"Good morning, Sif."

The two chattered for a moment and then Hela glanced at her. She would need to know where her uncle was going to be, and she figured if anyone was going to know it would be Sif. "What're you going to be doing today?"

Sif glanced up from her breakfast at the girl. "I'll be spending most of the day training with your uncle Thor. What about you?"

Hela smiled. Then her uncle's chambers would be empty for the day. She looked up at Sif. "I'll just be looking around the palace. Maybe go to the stables with the rest of my brothers."

Soon Sif stood and bid her farewell. Hela finished her food and then went down the hall to where she knew her uncle would be. She glanced outside and, sure enough, he was outside with his friends. She grinned.

The walk to her uncle's chambers was a quiet one. She was careful that no servants saw her and soon she found the door. Taking a deep breath, Hela opened the door and poked her head inside.

The room was something like her own, but larger. The bed was a rich red color and there was more than just a bathroom door. The room was vacant of people. Hela took a step inside and looked around. There was a table, a wardrobe, a few couches, and  balcony.

Shutting the door behind her with a soft click, Hela hurried to a desk to search the drawers. There were a few books, journals, and albums full of pictures, but no keys of any kind. Hela huffed softly as she shuffled through the drawers before shutting them and going to the wardrobe.

She searched through her uncle's clothes and pockets. She pushed the clothes away to look in the back of the wardrobe and then searched a second time. Nothing, other than a few concealed weapons. Hela blew the hair out of her face and gave a frustrated look.

She stepped into the center of the room and folded her arms as she looked around the room. Where would her uncle hide a key? Her eyes found the other door and she walked over.

It led down a small hallway that had three other doors to it. Hela stepped into the hall and looked around the hall before taking a few steps inside. She got to the first door and opened it quietly.

The room seemed to be a lounge. Hela didn't see any place that would hide a key so she took only a glance and then shut the door again. She put her hands on her hips for a moment as she began to the second door.

It was a small room that looked like a study. From what Hela could see, most of the books were strategic books meant for battle. It seemed her uncle had been preparing for something. Hela saw a desk and stepped inside.

She hurried over and pulled the desk drawer open. It was empty. Hela frowned at the empty drawer and slid her hand inside, fumbling around for something, anything. Her hand brushed against the end of the drawer and her finger pressed against something.

She heard a click.

A compartment at the bottom of the drawer popped open. Hela's eyes flickered as she pushed it away and her eyes found the key.

It was small and hung on a silver chain, but seemed to be made out of diamonds. It winked in the dim firelight from the torches on the walls, seemingly taunting her. Hela grinned widely, sure that this was the key. She picked it up by the chain and smiled.

Hela heard a door open and her head shot up. It was from her uncle's main chamber room. She heard voices.

"Go and bathe, then come downstairs. We've something to show you." It was Sif's voice. She heard her uncle chuckle.

"Right, right. I will be down shortly."

The door closed once more and she heard him walk across the floor. She heard another door open and close, followed by water running. Slipping the key over her neck and hiding it under her dress, Hela quietly slipped down the hall and out of her uncle's room.

Once positive no one was around, she ran for it.

A smile spread itself across her face as she raced for her room. She had the first key now. She was one step closer to finding her father again. The key banged softly into her chest as she ran. The item was cold against her skin.

She ran into her room and shut the door, then sat on the bed and grinned.

"One step closer," she whispered.

Hello, everyone. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'm sorry for the wait. I'm trying to update faster, but I have a bit of writer's block. The next chapter will be about Frigga's Key.

In other news, I'm currently working on Loki's Warrior. This story will show off Loki's... Darker side, I suppose you can say. The story circles around a younge college student named Mariah Winters, a mortal girl with not-so mortal powers. The story takes place after Thor: The Dark World. Hopefully I'll be posting chapters to it shortly.

Once again, I thank everyone that has read this story. I have about another quarter to go with this story, and then I will begin on the second book. The second book will focus around Hela while slightly older. She will be thirteen. In the third book, she will be eighteen.

I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes. I am not perfect. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!