A Little Hint

Thor stood in the labs, arms folded and rubbing his chin nervously. It'd been over a week and they hadn't seen or heard from neither Hela nor Loki. He was getting anxious. Where had Loki taken the girl?

He was worried for her. Loki might really care for her, but that didn't change what he was. A violent war criminal who might very well be on the edge of his sanity. He wasn't fit to take care of the seven year old girl.

"Glaring at the ground like that won't help any," said a voice. Thor looked up to see Dr. Banner standing there. "We're doing everything we can."

"I'm aware, that doesn't make me any less anxious."

Banner folded his arms over his chest and gestured for Thor to follow him. Sighing, he shifted on his feet and began to follow the man down the hall. "We've gotten nothing so far, but we've sent agents out to search for her."

Thor nodded to show he'd heard but said nothing. Banner continued. "All we need is one signal. Just one." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Loki can't hide forever."

"No, but he can hide long enough," Thor replied. He crossed his arms and shook his head. "Why would he just take her? She's a little girl, he's a criminal. What does he want from her?" He scowled. "Why take her away like this, when she is so used to here."

Banner frowned slightly and pushed his glasses over his face. "Well," he said, "You took Hela from him when she was a baby, I still remember the day. You said he was upset even then, right?"

Thor nodded. "Loki was livid. The night after he returned with me I sent him to Hela's nursery. I told him that he needed to see her, now, before the Allfather made a decision. I knew beforehand that my father had ordered Hela be sent off, but Loki needed to see her one last time. So, I sent him to the nursery. When Loki came out I sent him to the Allfather and took the child from her crib. Loki must have figured out what was going on, because he raced after me as I started to the BiFrost. The guards held him back, but he looked like he could have killed any of them."

 He shook his head. "I'd never seen him quite so angry, never. Not even when his wife was killed." Thor frowned as he remembered when they found Sigyn in one of the guest rooms. She'd been dead for hours, meaning that Hela had been stuck in that closet for hours. They hardly found her that day.

"He was never quite the same after her death," Thor said, "He spent more time being locked away in his rooms or with the child when he could. He grew so distant. And then everything happened."

He was silent afterward as he remembered his brother's behavior after his wife's death. He'd never been the same.

Thor sighed and shook his head. "I'm going to go out for air," he stated before turning and walking out of the labs. He looked around as he made his way outside. The sky was full of clouds and it looked like it might rain.

There was a moment that Thor just stood there and stared at nothing in particular. He was worried. Worried for Hela, worried for Loki, and worried for Asgard. Worried for everything.

There was a clap of thunder and clouds began to swirl over his head. It wasn't until he felt himself being sucked up toward the sky did he realize what was happening. Heimdall was bringing him back.

Thor closed his eyes as he flew through the heavens. He never had quite gotten used to this feeling. It was a feeling of both power and weakness. Power because of the many laws of nature that were broken as he flew. Weakness as he felt himself unable to move or do anything.

His feet hit the ground with a soft thud. He looked up to Heimdall immediately. The man was staring straight ahead, then slowly let his gaze drop to Thor. "I have news on her whereabouts."

Thor straightened and stepped closer. "Well?" he asked, his eyes wide. He could go back and get her, possibly tonight. The sooner he found them the better.

Heimdall hesitated. He looked reluctant to say anything at all, which made Thor frustrated. This was not the time to have doubts.

"Heimdall, if you have any news on Hela and Loki's whereabouts you must tell me! Well?" His voice had gotten louder and echoed around them. Heimdall stared at him, still reluctant, before he spoke again.

"I haven't gotten a true look at them. I just saw a glimpse of their location. Not for sure on their true whereabouts, but I've narrowed it down," he said plainly. Thor nodded. It was better than nothing.

"Where?" he asked.

"A place the mortals call Yellowstone. He's hidden her somewhere out in the forests."

"Good. Thank you," he said, "Now, take me back."

Heimdall hesitated once more. His grip on his sword tightened and he stared at Thor. "She's growing attached," he said softly. Then, before Thor could speak, he sent him out again.

Thor ran what Heimdall had said in his mind. She was growing attached? Did that mean she was growing attached to Loki? He frowned. He didn't think Hela would so easily grow attached to a man who kidnapped her.

He landed and then hurried back inside and toward the labs. The Avengers all sat in there, speaking in hushed tones. "I have news," he said, loudly. They all turned to him.

"Their locations have been narrowed down."