Brothers?

Hela sat there for what felt like hours, though it was more or less around thirty minutes. She paced the room, spun around on the floor, and then got dressed in one of the Asgardian dresses in her closet. It was a light cream color with small diamonds around the collar. Beautiful.

Once Hela had dressed, she went over to the balcony and smiled at the beauty that was Asgard. The place was buzzing with people down below and there was laughter filling the streets. Hela smiled at the city as she leaned over the edge.

Everyone was happy here.

The door opened, but Hela hardly noticed until a voice said, "Enjoying the view?"

Hela gasped and smiled brightly, turning quickly to see a smiling Sif staring back at her. She ran to the woman and threw her arms around her happily. "Sif!" she whispered. Sif smiled down at the girl.

The female warrior was dressed in dark red with silver armor over it. Her hair was pulled in a tight braid and she had a sword attached to her side. Hela guessed she had been training.

Sif chuckled softly and took the little girl's shoulders. "It's so nice to see you again, Hela," she whispered, "Have you been well?"

Hela's smile faltered as she remembered all that had happened. She quickly replaced the smile with an even brighter one and nodded. "Yeah, I've been fine."

Sif nodded and flicked a strand of Hela's raven hair from her face. "Well," she said, "It's good to have you back. How about I do something about this hair, and then I want you to meet some people. I think you'll like them."

Hela smiled and nodded, allowing the woman to lead her over to the dresser. She sat down and looked in the mirror, looking over her own ivory face. She sighed through her nose, refusing to let her smile drop again. Sif took a hairbrush and ran it through the black hair. Once she was finished, she pulled it up in a braid and smiled.

"All right, come on."

Sif took Hela's hand and the two walked out of the room. Hela tried her best to keep up with the woman's strides, but her shorter legs made it difficult. She was wondering who it could possibly be that Sif wanted her to meet.

"Sif?" she asked finally, looking up at the woman. Sif let out a hum, letting her know she was listening and glanced down at her with a smile. "Who are you taking me to meet? Why is it so important?" Sif smiled even wider.

"Did you know that you're not an only child, Hela?" she asked. Hela's eyes widened some. The warrior grinned, seeing she had caught the young girl's attention, and went on. "Your father had four more children. You have four brothers, Hel."

Hela thought about this. She had never thought about having siblings. The thought had never even occurred to her. Four brothers? The girl turned quickly to Sif. "Brothers? How old are they? What do they look like? Are they here?"

Sif went into fits of soft laughter and looked at her. "Yes, they're here, Hela. Well, the oldest is Sleipnir. He's quite nice, though when you meet him you will be surprised. The second oldest are the twins, Vali and Nari. They're only a year older than yourself. You're next, Hela, and then Fenrir is the youngest."

Sif thought for a moment. "You'll be surprised when you meet Fenrir as well, but don't let him fool you. He's quite charming."

Sif led her down another hall and into the gardens. Hela smiled as they came to the gardens. It was just as she remembered it, the beautiful flowers and all. There were four figures sitting under a tree not far from them. Two of them were boys, and the other two were animals.

Hela's eyes widened and she looked up at Sif with confusion. The warrior laughed softly. "I warned you. Don't be frightened, it's not that uncommon on Asgard. Let's go say hi, all right?"