8-Polaroids And Not Much Else.

Edmund had never cycled so fast in his life. He almost didn't hit the brakes in time as he cannoned across the road towards the Andromeda Club. Tiger was at the front door, and dealt with Edmund's bike as Edmund himself hurried inside.

"What've you got me?" he called. Tink popped her head up above the bar.

"Bumble's upstairs on his laptop, going through the register. We've reprinted all the polaroids, but they're in no sort of order" she apologised, waving a wet flannel at Edmund as he smiled gratefully at her, heading upstairs, avoiding Foxy as she attacked the carpet in the lounge area with the hoover.

Edmund ran up the stairs to the flat two at a time, and found Bumble poised on the breakfast bar, tapping away on his laptop at lightning speed. A rather large bin bag was next to him, in it, Edmund assumed, the polaroid photos.

"What have you got me, Bumble?" he asked, crossing to clamber up onto one of the high chairs they had, in order to see over Bumble's shoulder as his friend was, literally, sitting on the breakfast bar.

"The list's coming through" Bumble replied, without looking away from his screen. "I'm about halfway through it all. Polaroids are in the bin bag."

"Thanks" Edmund smiled, eyeing up said bin bag apprehensively. That looked like a lot of work.

"I'm gonna have to ask you if you saw anything, Bumble" he admitted, whipping out a notepad from his pocket.

"Like?" Bumble prompted, still tapping away.

"Like did you see any Japanese girls hanging around? Maybe at the bar? She was in a floaty flowery top and tight black trousers, as I remember. And she must have been with someone..."

"Mundy, I was up in the box doing the lights for the dance floor" Bumble sighed. "You know that's where I always am. I can't pick people out like that from up there. It's the other three you need to ask, they were out on the floor."

Edmund sighed, hopping down from the breakfast barstool and heading away, back downstairs. Something had just occurred to him, and he realised that he probably should have asked about this before he left the station.

He rang his boss.

"Detective Sargeant."

"Ma'am" Edmund sighed, hovering in the little dingy hallway between the stairs to his flat and the Andromeda Club. "Are you still at the station?"

He heard Hawes tutting from the other end of the line.

"What did you forget?" she asked knowingly. Edmund rolled his eyes.

"Did Yuki have a credit card with her when we found her?" he said. "Cos she might have bought her own drinks, and I can check the till..."

"She had nothing on her except that wristband from the club" Hawes cut in firmly. "Otherwise, Kovlova would have showed us. Is that all?"

"Yeah" Edmund sighed again. "That's all."

Hawes rang off. Edmund shook his head hopelessly and went to find Foxy. Hawes obviously didn't take too kindly to mistakes.

Well, he was only human, after all.

"Fox?" Edmund shouted, over the noise of the hoover, which Foxy still was grilling the carpet with. She turned it off and bit her lip at him as the machine wound down.

"What's the story?" she asked, grabbing him playfully by the wrists and rolling their hands up and down like a Mexican wave.

"Classified" Edmund told her, pulling his hands free. "But I need to ask you if you saw any young Japanese girls in here the other night. I assume you got called down?"