BONUS CHAPTER: Slightly's first encounter with Peter

A/N: As an apology at my delay in uploading another chapter, I give you all the gift of this glorious little bonus chapter. I hope you all can forgive my delay and enjoy this cute little exchange :) A regular chapter will be uploaded tomorrow and everything will be back on schedule. Enjoy!

"It's this way, Tink." Peter whispered, hiding within the shadows of the street lights.

Tinkerbell, being the pesky little fairy that she is, kept pulling on Peter's hat, trying to fly him in the other direction.

"No, I'm positive, Tink," Peter insisted, "It's this way."

Tink pulled on Peter's hat until it went spiraling from his head, dropping to the stones of the street below. It landed with a splash in a muddy puddle, and Peter watched in dismay as the noise alerted a passerby on the road.

"Oh you've done it now, Tink!" He whispered in an angry tone, being quick to hide in the cover of a plush tree.

The chubby man on the street bent down and lifted the hat from the mud, wringing it out and shaking the dirt from it. He examined it closely, his stubby nose nearly rubbing against it, and when he looked at it thoroughly enough, he raised his eyes to the sky. Peter gasped and hid himself entirely behind the thick tree, not even daring to steal a glance at the man and his hat.

Tinkerbell held up a leaf to cover herself from the man's view and inched her way closer to Peter. He pointed a finger at her and scrunched his eyebrows together, "If I lose my hat, it's your fault."
The little fairy protested loudly, her angry words sounding only like bells to anyone but Peter. He shook his head and replied as she stomped her tiny, white pom-pom covered foot, "I knew exactly where I was going! You're the one who wouldn't listen!"

Tink wagged her finger at him and used wild hand motions to display her anger, her blonde head moving all over the place. Peter crossed his arms and sighed, "I don't care if you thought you were right. You didn't have to pull my hat off! Now that ugly grown-up has it."

Peter risked a glance around the tree and gasped in disbelief.

"He's taking my hat!" He cried, "That grown-up is walking away with my hat!"

Tink also stole a look and was equally alarmed to see that the man and placed Peter's pointy, green hat on top of his neatly manicured hair and was walking away. She could see the idea hatching in Peter's mind and strongly urged him against it.
"Well I don't have a choice now, Tink. I'm not letting my hat get away so easily. It's mine."
Again she offered him an alternative method, but he brushed her idea aside.
"I don't want a different hat, Tink. I want that hat." He said, pointing at it, "And I'm going to get it back."

Peter quietly flew from behind the tree to the top of the tall building that the man walked in front of. He ducked behind the roof and only let his eyes peek over the side. The man seemed to have noticed his presence and looked up again, but this time he looked in all the wrong places. After seeing nothing and being satisfied in his safety, the man continued on his jolly walk. Tinkerbell landed on Peter's shoulder and he gave her a quick grin, "Ready Tink?"

The fairy knew she couldn't deter Peter from his plan, so she gave him a nod, and prepared herself for his action. Peter readied himself for the flight, and then sprung into motion. He went soaring soundlessly down the side of the building and came rushing up behind the man. Before the man could register what was going on, Peter snatched his hat from the man's head and continued gliding back up the building.

When he reached the top he triumphantly placed the green hat back on his head and grinned so widely that the whiteness of his teeth matched that of the moon.