BONUS CHAPTER: Wendy Remembers

A/N: I know you've all been patiently waiting for the next chapter, and I do apologize for leaving it on such a killer cliffhanger, but I promise I'm working on getting it out soon! Tomorrow! Until then, enjoy this bonus chapter about Wendy's first trip to Neverland!

Omniscient POV:

Wendy pressed a hand over her mouth to suppress the wave of giggles spilling over her lips. The point of the game, after all, was to be silent, but Wendy couldn't help herself. She had run as far and fast as her legs would allow her, and in the process she stumbled over Tiger Lilly, one of the natives who partook in the afternoon's activities. Tiger Lilly was crouched behind a log, and as Wendy jumped over it, Tiger Lilly sprung up and yanked her down.

"Hide, you fool!" She smiled, tucking Wendy's dress out of sight, "He's right behind you!"
"But how is that possible?" Wendy protested, whispering, "There are dozens of others much closer to where we started."
Tiger Lilly chuckled, motioning to the top side of the log, "He's going after you first. He always goes after you first."

Wendy cautiously peeked over the side of the log, and just as Tiger Lilly had said, Peter was scouring the trees and bushes mere feet in front of them. This was when Wendy dropped to the floor and tried to stay as quiet as possible as she heard the crunching of Peter's footsteps.

"Oh, Wendy!" He called, his voice as sing-song as a crows, "I know you're here somewhere. I saw you run this way. Now I just have to find you."

Wendy connected eyes with Tiger Lilly and furrowed her brow, her blue eyes filled with confusion, "Isn't that cheating? Peter wasn't supposed to watch us hide."

Tiger Lilly's hands flew over Wendy's lips, lessing the sound, but it was too late. They had been discovered.

"Aha!" Peter shouted, jumping on top of the log and grinning down at the girls with his hands triumphantly on his hips, "Found ya. I win!"

Wendy was ready to forfeit, but Tiger Lilly had another idea. She sprung up, the beads hanging from her waist clattering as she did so, and smirked back at him. "The fight isn't over yet, Flying Eagle."

With that, she cupped her hands around her mouth, smudging the blue face paint that decorated the lower half of her face, and gave off a loud battle cry.
The sound was soon echoed by dozens of others, and from every tree around them, more natives jumped down, covered in their body paints and leather hides.

Wendy shrieked in delight and jumped to her feet, grabbing Peter's hand and letting him pull her in the opposite direction of the natives.

As they ran, Peter called out a battle cry of his own, and the Lost Boys ran out of hiding to join them. Peter stopped behind a line of trees and positioned the Lost Boys in a row beside him, holding one arm protectively behind Wendy's back to keep her pressed to him.

"Take aim, boys." He commanded.

The Lost Boys, including John and Michael, raised their array of tiny weapons. A few slingshots, some arrows, and even a small dagger. Wendy always thought the children looked rather silly holding such useless weapons, but she absolutely would not allow them to have anything bigger. The bigger the weapon, the more easily they could hurt themselves. And then that would be the true disaster. There was nothing Wendy loved more than being a mother to the boys, but when they cried from cuts and bruises, the sound of it could sometimes drive her mad.