0-0 Chapter Two 0-0

"Niall, why do you insist on using the library for research material? The internet is just as good." Louis whines as he follows Niall through the aisles. People shush him as he passes, but he just rolls his eyes. He's never one to be quiet people should know that.

"Louis I need sources from books or else I will fail, so let me look for a few would you? Plus I never said you had to come with me."

"But you're my bestest friend in the whole wide world and that means I have to follow you everywhere." Niall whacks him upside the head, but smiles and goes back to his book hunt.

Louis is quick to get bored and starts to wander off hoping something will entertain him. He takes a few turns until he finds himself faced with something he wasn't expecting. Harry is sitting at a table a few feet away. He's trying to focus on his task, but there are two people next to him who seem rather insistent on talking to him.

"You actually talked to Louis Tomlinson!" The boy on his right says. His blonde hair is long and he's wearing a very flamboyant outfit. Louis immediately recognizes the guy as Leeroy.

"He's so hot. What was it like being so close to him?" The girl on his left questions. Her long black hair frames her symmetrical face and her glasses make her eyes appear bigger, Veronica. They're being pretty loud for a library considering Louis can hear them. Harry huffs prior to acknowledging their presence.

"Guys it wasn't a big deal. He just helped me when Nathan was being a jerk."

"He saved you! From bullies! He's totally like your knight in shining armor." Veronica squeals clinging to his arm. Louis suppresses a chuckle, because honestly seeing Harry interacting with people is pretty funny, but also kind of adorable.

"Ver it was hardly a damsel in distress moment. So maybe he was all brave and stuff, but that doesn't make him any more heroic."

"But he's Louis Tomlinson. He's like the most popular guy in this school. It's a big deal when someone like that saves you."

"Yeah whatever. He might be hot, but that doesn't make him a superhero." Louis' jaw drops in surprise. Harry thinks he's hot. Louis decides he's heard enough of the conversation, but when he turns to walk away he crashes with someone who doesn't even stop to apologize and goes stumbling backward until he's hitting the table that Harry is sitting at. Just great.

He gains his balance and is then slowly circling around to stare a three very shocked faces. Harry is the first to look away, blushing furiously because oh my goodness he really hopes Louis did not just hear any of that conversation.

"Hi there." Louis greets uneasily, not sure what he's supposed to do in this situation. Leeroy is the first to speak up.

"Hello to you too. What brings you to this fine library on this Saturday afternoon?" He blinks rapidly, smirk on his face and looks to his friends to make sure they don't make a fool of themselves.

"I'm here with a friend." Louis isn't even looking at Leeroy, but instead at Harry who seems to be studying the book in front of him very intently. "What about you guys, here on a study day?" He's hoping to hear Harry respond, but Veronica answers instead.

"Yep that is exactly what we're doing, isn't that right Harry." She kicks his ankle under the table and he looks up startled. He finds Louis' ocean blue eyes staring him down.

"Uh yeah- study." Harry seems at a loss for words and Louis smiles at his cuteness. His shy demeanor hasn't changed much since their last encounter.

"Well it was nice seeing you. I'm going to go now." Louis says, pointing behind himself. He walks backward and turns the corner quickly. God he can be so embarrassing sometimes.

He speed walks through the aisles until he's crashing into someone again and this time he's thankful because he's just crashed into Niall.

"There you are Lou, I was looking for you everywhere. Where did you head off to?"

"I ran into Harry and his friends."

"Oh yeah? Probably working on the same essay as I am."

"Yeah probably." Niall can sense Louis is off, but chooses to ignore it. Louis will tell him on his own time.

"How about we get out of here?"

xxx

Louis sits at his desk later that night. He taps his pencil against the desk, his mind not on the homework in front of him but rather on a certain green eyed boy who he ran into at the library. He's not sure why he hasn't stopped thinking about him, but he doesn't dwell on it too much. He figures it's because he's seen him around lately. Yeah that's probably it.

But then what is that strange feeling that rises in his chest when he thinks about Harry's soft smile or shy blush. It's like his heart constricts and he can't breathe for a moment because thinking about Harry makes him feel all tingly and light headed. Maybe Louis has gone crazy. He has been missing some precious hours of sleep.

Whatever the reason, Louis has found that he really wants to talk to the lad some more. Like have an actual sit down conversation. He wants to sit Harry down and have him talk about everything and anything which is weird because as much as he loves to talk, he hates to listen. Harry's just different. He's not sure why, but he is.

His homework is a lost cause now so he decides to take a break, slumping in his seat and pulling out his phone. He scrolls through Instagram, not really paying attention to any of the photos until his eyes land on the boy who hasn't left his mind.

Harry is laughing about something in the photo. His dimples are on full display and he looks as happy as can be wherever he is. He looks to see who posted it finding it to be Veronica. He smiles, they must be really good friends. He observes the picture some more, noticing the twinkle in his eye and the happiness that just radiates through the screen. How can one person literally encompass the sun? When Louis realizes he's been staring at the photo for far too long he shuts his phone off and throws it on his bed. He stares confusedly at his hands, not understanding what just happened.

"What's wrong with me?"