0-0 Chapter Five 0-0

Football season has come around, and no not soccer, but American football. That means that the time has come for the ultimatum of pep rallies along with the first game of the season on Friday. The school day was long and everyone was buzzing with excitement. Finally, it was 3 o'clock and the bell rang loudly through the halls. Louis made his way to the bleachers out on the field. He's not usually up for these kinds of things, but his best mate is on the team and he's always up for encouraging him.

He makes it up a few rows before he spots Harry sitting in the bleachers. His eyes are cast down and he seems to be nervous about something. It only takes Louis a few seconds to make his way over and take the spot next to Harry.

Harry is surprised at the action and turns to see Louis sitting next to him. He quickly ducks his head back down, texting whoever is on the other line.

"Hello again." Louis says cheerily, hoping Harry would actually speak with him. Harry gives him a small wave and returns to his phone. Louis frowns. "You alright?" He enquires. Harry sighs, hands fumbling again as he speaks

"I'm fine. Leeroy was supposed to meet me here, but he's running late." He replies, reading the text Leeroy sent him.

"Well if you'd like I can hang with you." Louis offers. Harry looks like he wants to shake his head, but Louis is quick to add in, "So you won't be alone." Harry ponders the option and finally nods, letting Louis sit there. Louis beams and sits back, relaxing for the rally.

The cheerleaders are the first one's out, jumping and shouting with excitement. They do their practiced routines, the smallest girls being thrown in the air while the crowd goes wild. Their skirts bounce and move during the small dance break and then they finally run off the field, announcing the coach as they go. The crowd claps in respect and Louis gives a halfhearted shout of joy.

"Who's excited!!!" Coach cheers. The crowd once again shouts in appreciation. Louis half listens, not really into the pep speech. He's here for Niall and until then he turns his head a bit, observing Harry. His gaze is fixed on the field in front him, posture tense. Louis can sense that Harry is anxious, but he wants him to ease up. He doesn't want Harry to feel uncomfortable around him. He takes his chances and throws an arm around the lad who immediately jumps at the contact.

"Sorry 'bout that, but loosen up a bit yeah. You seem like you're here for some kind of interview." Louis whispers, mostly to keep from scaring Harry.

"Yeah okay yeah" Harry relaxes his shoulders and let's his body find comfort next to Louis'. Louis wraps his arm tighter, a tingly sensation going through his veins.

The moment only lasts for another minute before Leeroy is appearing and settling himself between the two.

"Hi boys. Hi." He exclaims, throwing his arms around the pair. Louis glares, but then exhales dejectedly. So much for spending time with Harry. Well as long as he can still sit with him, he should be fine.

The Coach is finally ending his grand speech, telling the audience that the football players are about to come in. Just as expected, the players cross through the field, running through the banner. Everyone jumps up, clapping and yelling as the players put their hands in the air in glee. Louis can spot Niall from the stands and waves enthusiastically to him. Niall catches sight of him and waves back, smiling wider before following his team to the benches. When they sit back down, Leeroy speaks up.

"You're friends with Niall Horan?" He asks incredulously. Louis looks at him oddly.

"He's my best mate."

"He's so dreamy." Leeroy sighs absentmindedly, placing his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. "Would it be weird if I asked you to talk to him about me?" He says turning to plead at Louis with his eyes.

"I don't see why not." Louis shrugs. Leeroy shoots up, clinging to Louis' arm.

"Really?" Louis nods. "Oh my goodness." He cries, crushing Louis in a hug. "You truly are wonderful." He tells him, crushing him even further.

"Can't breathe." Leeroy let's go and Louis inhales quickly, steadying his breathing. He looks over at Harry who has a timid smile on his face. Louis gives him his own grin and he feels like he just made it on Harry's good side again.

The trio stays for the game, Louis being the only one who even understands it. Leeroy had told him at half time that the only reason he came to these things was to see Niall. Louis chuckles at that, giving him a pat on the back for being so committed. Louis watched on as his friend scores a touchdown, the game being tied now. They were all out of their seats in anticipation, wondering who would win.

Somehow Leeroy ended up at the very bottom with a few other enthusiasts, cheering wildly as Niall ran with the ball. That left Louis alone with Harry and he wasn't sure how to handle himself. He was still worried Harry would avoid him. He had seemed more relaxed now that Leeroy had been there to loosen him up. His posture was no longer professional, but still apprehensive. Louis decided to help the boy out.

He pulled on his arm, pulling him to his feet and telling him to howl with excitement.

"Come on Harry get in the spirit." He boosts, shaking their clasped hands. Harry mimics Louis' excitement, letting his hands wave around. Louis goes back to watching the game and shouts in triumph when he sees his best mate score the winning touchdown.

"WOOO!!!" He calls loudly so excited for his friend. The adrenaline coursing through his body gives him the courage to turn to Harry and engulf him in a hug. He lets his hold linger, not wanting to let go of Harry just yet. When he does, Harry is blushing like mad and he looks like he's shaking. "You cold?"

"Oh no I-" Louis doesn't let him finish his sentence, stripping off his jacket and handing it to Harry who turns redder. "You don't have to." Harry mumbles, but Louis gestures for him to go ahead. Harry slips on the jacket and Louis can feel his heart beating faster. The jacket is a nice fit on Harry making him look incredibly adorable. He could only hope Harry wears his clothes forever.

"We won." He hears Leeroy yell, but he's too invested in staring at Harry to care. He lets his hand graze Harry's knuckles, a weird sort of fond rushing through him. Harry really has the power to make him feel anything.

Not two seconds later, Leeroy is interrupting the moment, joining the pair and hugging the life out of them. He won't stop chanting about the fact that Niall scored the winning point and it makes Louis giddy with excitement. This night has been one of the best nights in a while.