516

Eh, we'll see how this story goes. Got lazy with the last one ^^;

I'm sorry if someone's already thought of this idea, just wanted to try it for myself  :o I also apologize if something is wrong in the story. I guess this is kind of an AU anyway, but if something is not accurate next to the actual game,  just roll with the punches I guess and leave it be.

I hope those of you reading enjoy and I'll try to keep it as updated as I can when I have time~

                                                                                  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Five hundred and sixteen times. Five hundred and sixteen times the kid kept coming, over and over with no stop. It was tiring sure, but the thought of what needed to be done fueled Sans' attempts to kill Frisk. Over and over, the Judgement Hall would be ravished by attack after attack, sharp bones suddenly jutting up from the floor creating long jagged cracks in the tile, or a stray Gaster Blaster beam that just happened to miss the kid would keep going and hit one of the thick pillars causing huge chunks of the expertly carved marble to come crumbling to the floor as if it were nothing.

"what? you think i'm just going to stand there and take it?"

The annoying factor of it was that Frisk seemed to learn Sans' movements from each battle, honing their memory and seeming to know exactly what he'd do next by the time battle number one hundred sixty two rolled around. This meant that they'd go several runs in a row without taking a single hit- that was until Sans managed to strike them and kill them instantly with one blow. But holy shit, had the little murderer come close. Extremely close. Too close for comfort. Every time this happened, he would always thank how his attacks caused karmic retribution. And Sans would only have a few moments to recover before everything seemed to glitch around him and he suddenly found himself on the far side of the hall again, the golden bathed room looking as if a destructive battle hadn't just taken place beforehand. And Frisk would slowly approach him again, bright red eyes glistening and a knife clutched in their hand.

"our reports showed a massive anomaly in the timespace continuum. timelines jumping left and right, stopping and starting..."

Sans did note though that they seemed like they were trying to cover up an emotion that seemed to be trying to bubble up inside of them. Unfortunately he couldn't figure out what it was. And it was hard enough to think straight as it was without having to worry about getting cut with the knife every five seconds. The new emotion wasn't determination, the kid had enough of that as it was-so what could it be? Vengeance? Bloodlust? Mockery that they killed everyone Sans had ever known? That was probably it, they were silently laughing at him because they knew they were solely responsible for killing Papyrus... his very own brother...

"until suddenly, everything ends."

Try number five hundred and sixteen. The two of them had been going at it for awhile now; beads of sweat starting to drip down the skeleton's skull. His impressive agility could only help him for so long, and he had a feeling that Frisk knew that too. That was the thing. He knew he couldn't win, he couldn't keep this up forever. So why then did he keep trying? Was trying to stop this crazed killer causing him more pain than if he just succumbed to his death?

"heh heh heh... that's your fault isn't it?"

Frisk retaliated from Sans' last attack with a mighty blow from the knife that of course missed its target. Not by much however. The blade seemed to creep closer to him every swipe, unless that was just his imagination.

"you can't understand how this feels."

Was it just him, or did Frisk seem to stumble while dodging that last bone attack? They took some damage, that was for sure; the karma catching up to them and destroying their HP supply little by little, like lethal poison. It suddenly registered in Sans' nonexistent brain what the kid's inner turmoil was.

"knowing that one day, without warning... it's all going to be reset."

The kid was freaking tired. Just as he was. And it was showing. A lot. Maybe...Just maybe...

"listen kid," Sans called in Frisk's direction as he narrowly evaded another frustrated attack. It seemed like they were absentmindedly swiping now, hoping they'd get a hit instead of coordinating an attack. "i know of your true intentions. but buddy... enough is enough."

Frisk paused for a second, then went in for another cut. When they got close to Sans, he could hear their heavy breaths rattling their body as if they were made of bones as well.

"we've uh... been going at each other for some time now," Sans refused to prepare another attack, and Frisk seemed to notice as they held back what attack they were about to deal. Sans made it apparent that he was exhausted too by clenching his face in a worn out grimace, but still managing to keep that signature grin. He stood there for a second just regaining his breath before continuing.

"but... you know... at this rate, neither one of us is gonna win. ya get it? so, uh... you need to know what i want kiddo. all i ever wanted was to have a peaceful timeline. one where everyone didn't have to die. like my brother, you get it? but you wouldn't know what it's like, would you? to have someone who cares about you and have someone to care about back? until now that is..."

Sans cleared his throat and looked Frisk in the eye, trying not to tense at the murderous gleam in it, the type of look that read loud and clear that they wanted to cut him to pieces and lick the blood off the knife.

" listen. i guess all you really need is a second chance, huh? let's quit fighting... i don't want to have to worry about another enemy anymore. know how we used to be friends? well... let's make that timeline become a reality again, shall we?"

Sans mustered a warm smile through his exhausted features and opened his arms for a welcoming hug, one that suggested innocence. "c'mere, pal."

Frisk's whole body seemed to lock up for several minutes as a flash of recognition sparked in those red eyes. They seemed to be contemplating the options within themselves. They trembled for half a second, then Sans watched with a smile of relief as the kid took the bait and rushed towards him with a look of sorrow drowning their face. Moments later, their head was buried in the soft fur that lined the hood of Sans' jacket. The skeleton monster wrapped his arms around their sickly body in return, but definitely noticed when Frisk's arm suddenly raised in a peculiar fashion, most likely getting ready to literally backstab him with their weapon.

However, Sans was successfully quicker and watched with blank eye sockets as several shards of sharp bone lodged themselves into Frisk's body, seeming to come out of nowhere. Again and again and again did the bones pierce human flesh, accompanied by the bloodcurdling noise that went with it. Sans almost felt sorry for them as he released their slackening form. Frisk hit the floor rather harshly, but Sans supposed it wouldn't matter now that they were dead and gone anyway for a five hundred and sixteenth time.

Rooted to the spot, with arms still wide open embracing empty air in a hug, he stared at the floor with that shit-eating grin of his, but also with a look of pain and sadness added to it. He stared not at Frisk's lifeless body, but a few feet away from it. He couldn't bare to see the damage he'd caused any longer.

"get dunked on-kid"