Billions

It was like nothing Sans had ever seen before. A gigantic T.V screen with a morbid smile and blood-red, evil looking eyes fixed the highly alarmed skeleton with a hungry glare that longed to tear him apart. It scraped a single sharp red claw along the floor delicately and rested its main "head" on its other free palm. Its eyes narrowed, mixed with a sneer.

"Well well well," there it was again, the millions of interlaced voices that all cried out at once to create one voice that throbbed in the poor monster's head. "If it isn't my best friend."

Sans couldn't help but scrunch up his face in bewilderment at the greeting. "flowey?"

The thing before Sans laughed again, everything moving along its body repulsively as it bobbed up and down with laughter.

"You're such a fool. 'Help me Sans, Chara has grown too powerful!' 'Sans, I think I'm afraid...' 'Sans, I don't know what my best friend has become anymore!'" The poison and mockery was evident in Flowey's tone that time. "Give me a break. I'm soulless. I can't feel anything, let alone be frightened. I'm glad you fell for it though. I had to jump through hoops to come up with the perfect thing to say when I 'confessed my frightened feelings' to you," he yawned, his eyes growing half-lidded. "Believe me, I'm far from the sappy speech-making type."

Sans began mentally piecing Flowey's plan together. "it was all a ploy then. you told me that you wanted chara gone when in reality you were working with them the entire time."

Flowey chuckled, drawing light circles in the floor with a claw. "Now you catch on fast, don't you? I still can't believe you trusted me after all that time you spent loathing me. All that precious hate wasted! Just to go back on what you lived up to and be backstabbed anyway. You really are the stupidest monster in the Underground. It's a wonder how you were the only one to survive."

"you saved my life from undyne to gain my trust. but at the same time, you were the one who somehow spilled the cider jugs on the floor back at muffet's to get her pet's attention."

"They're called vines, dumbass," Flowey jeered. "Useful for popping up from the ground at the most perfect of times without being seen, and apparently useful for trapping idiots like you in place while droning on about worthless garbage that creates diversions."

Without Sans noticing until now, thorny vines had crept up his ankles holding him in place and preventing escape from terrible dangers that could occur in the future. This troubled him deeply, as Flowey was now able to do what he pleased with him. And this new form of his was obviously a force to be reckoned with based on its repulsive appearance that simply radiated power. Sans even tried squirming and yanking his legs free, but the thorns only sunk in deeper and the vines ensnared him quicker causing him to wince. Maybe if he kept struggling, the vines would pull loose somehow. He began to lightly tug at the vines. He'd have to keep Flowey talking in order for it to work.

Through a strained voice, he just managed to choke out the words, "and why do you look like that...?"

"Do you really think I'd help anyone out without getting a valuable cut in return? Chara may be my partner, but that doesn't mean I didn't expect something decent for helping them. The deal was that I bring you to them, unscathed but keeping you thinking you were in danger. How we both enjoyed the pathetic little adventures you went through! But Chara knew you were capable of defeating all of them, even your brother. They were all just warm-up rounds. Chara is the real threat you should be worried about. After all, their immense amount of determination and power over the timeline has broken all rules of the Underground. Thus they were able to resurrect those pitiful enemies and absorb the power of the human souls. They can bend the rules at will now. You can't escape their control, no matter how hard you struggle. You'll die against them, again and again and again!" He smiled broadly at the thought of the destruction of Sans. "But now back to the question at hand. Why am I like this? Meet my omega form, a being of infinite power. What did I get in return for Chara's little favor do you ask? Soul power. And the best part is, I don't even have to have a physical soul to keep this power within me."