8

Ech this one was challenging to write, that's for sure . And it also turned out longer than I wanted it to be. But it is what it is, right? Anyway, thank you all deeply again for reading, and enjoy this next chapter my dears!

At this angle underneath the gigantic web, it was possible to see the entirety of it. It was actually much broader and more impressive than it had looked when they first sauntered in. And what's a big web without a big spider to go in it?

Sans stumbled to his feet in shock, trying desperately not to make a peep. Now he understood- he hadn't seen it before near the elevator because of the poor light and the angle of which the shadows had covered the web's middle. But now that he got a closer look, Sans silently examined the snoozing threat.

It was obviously a pretty big spider, about as broad as a tank, with eight legs all thick at the joints and ending in a thin point that each locked onto a web strand to keep it stable while hanging upside down. Its body literally was a mutant cupcake; it being made of a moist looking black cake with a sickly shade of purple as the swirl of the frosting. If Sans squinted, he could make out tiny multicolored sprinkles lodged in the frosting that were in a cartoonish shape of a spider. He couldn't see the creature's face, but he supposed that was a good thing. Its maw was probably hideously ugly.

Shakily gripping the insides of his jacket pocket, Sans padded quietly down the platform, catching the next puzzle into view. If they were lucky, they could sneak past the monster and solve the puzzles before it woke up and ate them as an appetizer.

Just as Sans approached the arrow puzzle and began mentally figuring it out, there was a loud crashing noise of boxes spilling over onto the floor, and Sans watched in horror as clusters of cider jugs rolled and bounced over the floor. The spider cupcake snorted in its sleep and slowly stirred awake. Sans whipped around to give Flowey an angry piece of his mind for making such a racket, but the flower was nowhere near the counter. In fact, he was frozen in fear right next to Sans, the backs of his petals faced in the direction of the bake sale.

BAM.

Something huge and unpleasant sounding came crashing to the floor on all eight of its disgusting legs.

"Run! Go! GO!" Flowey shrieked.

Not even daring to look back, Sans didn't have to be told twice as he stepped onto the hot air vent that vaulted a blast so powerful it tossed him to the floating platform in front of it. Sans sailed down, his jacket billowing up behind him, and landed on his feet. He turned around just in time to get hit full force with something unusually sticky that knocked the wind clean out of him. He uncontrollably spun off the platform into the dark abyss below, his arm wrapped up in a glue-like substance. Giving a yell of surprise, he swung underneath the network of platforms like Tarzan at full speed. If not for the sticky thing on his arm, he would've met an undesirable fate at the bottom of the pit.

Thankfully, he was going so fast that he came close enough to absentmindedly reach out and grab the edge of one of the floating platforms. With one functional arm, he yanked himself up onto it, kneeling behind a hot air vent to inspect the stickiness latched onto his arm. It was a tangle of spider web, just as he predicted, and he had to pull with all his might to get it to let go. After successfully doing so, he froze to stare up at the cupcake monster that was only meters from his position, staring at Sans back with truthfully a bit of curiosity in its eyes. As long as he sat still, the creature in front of him sat still too.

Sans had been right, its face was not a pleasant thing to look at. The mountain of frosting that perched on top of the cake had opened up into two voids of darkness that served as eyes and a jagged mouth with pointed teeth. Saliva dripped in long strings off of said teeth, pooling on the platform floor underneath it.