Infinite

Hello again my good readers. This will be a challenging thing to write from this point on, I can say right now. I've been mulling over how to wrap this all up on a unique note that will captivate the reader and keep you on the brink of excitement. I didn't have much time to fit everything I wanted in this chapter, so I've decided to split it into parts.

And just a warning, this chapter also may be a bit more graphic than the others, so skip to the next paragraph if it just so happens that you can't read it. Your well being is important to me, my dears TvT

Reset.

Burned.

Reset.

Impaled.

Reset.

Crushed.

Reset.

Electrocuted.

Reset.

Sans was on the ground trying not to have a heart attack by the last reset. Death was by far the most terrifying feeling Sans had ever been exposed to. It was weird to die over and over again just to come back and die again in an infinite loop. At least, the sensation only felt infinite. Now he understood how Frisk had felt when the two of them had fought.

Chara was standing before his helpless form with a displeased look on their face, wielding their own knife. Their cracked soul thumped in front of their chest, casting them in an eerie red glow. Their voice was monotone and they spoke slow and steady as if they were afraid to jumble their words, showing absolutely no emotion. "You should've listened to the flower's warnings, my friend."

"i am not your friend." Sans spat.

This remark earned the action of Chara flicking their wrist. This sent him flying backwards, landing so hard on the ground he could hear the sickening snap of a rib breaking, maybe two. He held his side in immense pain, unable to move any more than that. Did the little bastard actually paralyze him?

"You should have listened," they stated again. "that pathetic excuse for a plant actually said something wise for once. He told you that you would die. He said you couldn't beat me. What chance do you have a against a god?"

Sans' misery grew ten fold when he felt an unseen force smash his skull into tiny shards, his magic escaping his bones and granting him death.

Reset.

He was back on his feet, but not for long. His knees gave way and he was on the ground for the umpteenth time.

"Your determination is powerless now if you haven't noticed." they commented. Knowing full well that he wasn't about to strike back anytime soon through his fit of coughing, they made their way over to the broken form of Flowey, their steps echoing through the abyss-like room. As if Chara forced him up themselves, Flowey suddenly spurred to life hacking just as bad as Sans.

"Ch-Chara!" he exclaimed in a weak voice, happy to see his companion. "Am I ever glad-"

"Hush." They replied coldly. This made Flowey wilt a little. "While it was fun to see you take on your lifelong enemy, I suppose we've spent enough time fooling around."

Flowey looked like someone had just stepped on him. "W-what...? You thought it was... amusing that I fought Sans...? Wait-"

Chara fixed him in their red-eyed stare as they shifted their knife from hand to hand. "Your thoughts prove to be correct. Not only does the philosophy 'It's kill or be killed' apply to you, but most everything you've told the skeleton applies to you too. Betrayal is just another tactic of the game I'm afraid. When something is of no use to me anymore, I dispose of it as such."