A Dozen

Ahhhh for those of you who have been following the story since square one, thank you guys so much for reading it! I'm honored that you like it so much! Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, I've been quite bust all this week .u. 

Also, if I make a teensy mistake in one chapter that contradicts what I wrote in a previous chapter, then please politely tell me and I'll fix it :3 I'm just a human being, I don't remember every little detail I write about. 

And as for every chapter title being a number, I just like to keep a common theme with my chapters. and I kind of thought using numbers would be somewhat unique. So without further ado, here is chapter 10!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sans woke up to silence. Flowey was gone again, probably doing something mischievous elsewhere. But who was Sans to babysit him every second of the day? He couldn't expect the tiny plant to sit there watching him. Sans could just picture the annoyed boredom on his face if he would have been forced to stay rooted to the spot for several hours while Sans rested.

Almost completely rejuvenated, Sans got to his feet, stretching and smoothing out the creases in his jacket. Sticking his hands in his pockets his typical way, he strolled leisurely to the door and creaked it open to take a peek out into the hallway. It was just as empty and drab looking as when he first arrived. Yawning, the grin plastered to his face faltering a little, he suddenly became interested in whatever food Alphys had sought to bring him. He silently wished she had some stray ketchup sitting in her fridge. A tiny voice inside his skull sighed, wishing he could be this relaxed about life again all the time: wondering when his next meal smothered in condiments at Grillby's was or having trouble choosing the appropriate and most comfortable place to take a nap. That had basically been what his day had consisted of back in the desirable timeline.

Sans took the elevator up to the top floor where he'd entered from, and first decided to root through the fridge. His patience was rewarded when he found a half full plastic bottle on a shelf located on the door. Looking up from his precious find, he discovered that the whole place was more dimly lit than usual. This struck him as a tad bit odd, but this factor didn't stop him from calling out Alphys' name after he pocketed the ketchup and shut the fridge door. He craned his head to a shuffling sound upstairs, and proceeded to the escalator to try and find Alphys. Upon reaching the dimly lit upper floor, he passed a row of bookshelves, lightly swiping his phalanges along their spines. Even at such a faint gesture, dust kicked up from the barely touched books making him cough. Sans finally stopped his coughing fit after a few seconds and blinked at steam rising from a plastic cup perched on a table littered with blueprints. He couldn't help but curiously inspect it.

The top of the cup was sealed with shiny packaging that had a bunch of punctured holes in it to let the steam out and it read in bold letters "Instant Noodles". Underneath the English spelling was a Japanese spelling of the food, and different anime style symbols were littered all over the sides of the cup including a weird looking interpretation of a human girl with cat ears. Sans didn't think twice about claiming the meal after his nonexistent stomach demanded it with a growl. Maybe the notion of the already obtained ketchup wasn't enough for it.

He hungrily clutched the cup of noodles getting ready to tear the plastic film off the top when he paused. A funky noise had drifted over to him from the far side of the room, the sounds louder than the constant drip-drip of the hose machine situated next to the cluttered table.

"alphys? that you buddo? i'm gonna get goin' soon, if that's okay with you-"

"That's not Alphys!"

Sans quickly raised his guard when Flowey's voice echoed off the walls, inlaid with panic. In a flash, the cup of instant noodles was substituted for the knife in the pocket of his fluffy coat, right next to the ketchup. Weird, he couldn't see Flowey but definitely heard him. As if the creature that wasn't Alphys sensed Sans had drawn a knife, it clawed its way forward, limping and dragging its lumbering body across the floor with every step.