100%

Whoops, long chapter. I'm also trying to watch the profanity. Well, as best I can.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Holding his skull in his hands, Sans wondered how his world could have spiraled into total chaos over the course of just a few days. Seriously, this was probably a new record. Sans might as well have had a trophy that read "Fastest Period of Time That a World Has Gone Completely Down The Drain Award".

Flowey let out a drawling laugh that dripped with venom, the demon flower apparently taking pleasure in Sans' distraught reaction.

Sans ignored him and instead muttered under his breath. "how did chara come back...? they've been gone for years and then they suddenly reappear? for what?"

"If I knew this was possible, I would have done it way sooner," Flowey replied, rolling is eyes. "Who knew that it's always been possible to bring my valued partner back? This useless world would not have been so boring if I'd had Chara here with me all along. Just think of the havoc we could've caused before Frisk even slipped through that stupid barrier."

Sans didn't want to have to think about more carnage to his home, thank you very much. Sure he wanted to be on the surface free of resets more than anything, but this was his home for now and he had to at least care for it.

"you need to tell me," Sans said in a stern and unfriendly tone. "how are they back in place of frisk? You have to know something, you worthless little weed."

Flowey sneered at him. "You're an idiot to not have figured it out yet. You of all monsters should have felt it whenever they were close to you. Radiating off their soul was a high amount of determination. Far more than a single human kid should have had. Then it finally came to me- Frisk was not one but two human beings. The resurrected form of Chara that took root within them." Flowey stretched his stem up a little to look bigger and gave a giant smile with something dark inlaid within it to express his excitement of Chara's return. Moments later, he glowered at Sans with those hollow eyes and sharp teeth, a raspy voice emitting from his throat that was once happy sounding. "Chara is the one who killed all of those innocent monsters from inside Frisk. Frisk did start off with those intrigued thoughts of 'what would happen if I destroyed these innocent souls?' of course, but after a few kills, I sensed something new in them. And that something only grew bigger as they progressed until they were no longer in control. Chara has a way with that, taking control over things that they want."

It all began to come together to Sans as he lifted himself to his feet with wide eyes. "the kid's determination overpowered frisk and barred them from coming back when they died... chara has the highest determination in the underground. so that means-"

"Yep, they got what they wanted. Total power over this timeline."

It dawned on Sans that Chara most likely knew that he was still alive down here, and probably reincarnated everyone into twisted versions of themselves to kill him and get rid of a potential threat so the little killer wouldn't have to get their hands dirty. Sans couldn't help but clench his jawbone. Now this stuff was getting personal. Chara had most likely been the one to murder Papyrus, not Frisk. Frisk was merely just a puppet. He came to the conclusion that since Chara was alive to feel pain and suffering now, Sans had to deliver a heaping feast of gaster blasters to Chara's face personally.

papyrus...don't worry bro, i'm going to avenge you. chara has lost the privilege to live after what they've done to you and everybody else.

With that thought, a surge of anger sparked through Sans' bones, making him reach for the door to the shed.

Flowey watched him and cackled. "Are you seriously going out there? Not to ruin your precious little plan you seem to have acquired, but I'm afraid if you get out there, friend, you'll 100% die. Actually, I need a good laugh, so go right ahead."