Chapter: Thirty

Aaron's P.O.V

"He will come to accept this, accept us," Sanuel murmurs.

"And why do you think that? You heard what he said. He is nowhere near forgiveness."

Sanuel's brown eyes begin to smile before placing a hand on mine.

"He will."

"Because of what? What reason makes you so sure?"

"For one, I had been helping him along..."

My eyebrows furrow. "With what?"

"He's pregnant."

My mouth drops wide open. "Pregnant?"

"Or, at least, was...He should have had it by now."

"What?"

"So that makes you an uncle."

I blink over and over again until a small smile begins to streak across my face.

"I took his mother away from him...and it was the least thing I could do was help him along with the end of his term." He pulls me closer to him. "It is the worst on them you know..."

"Does Pierce know?"

"I'm sure he's with him...however they like to be alone for the first few weeks. Because it's him, however, I know he is with him, regardless."

He looks at me and smiles again.

"They should be back by now...and we should visit...After that, I must leave..."

I grab Sanuel's chin into my hand as he looks away from me.

"I am... Lord over there...You know that."

"Then I will go back with--"

"No, you should stay here. Be with your family. Your niece or nephew...I had you selfishly for a decade, Aaron."

"It's your niece or your nephew as well. Pierce is my brother as he is yours. My father is your father as well. Do not understand this by now? They are your family "

"...You can come and visit..."

"Sanuel!"

"Whether now or later, I will have to leave. And, I believe, it's a bit too soon to believe they will welcome me into the family with such open arms. It's too much to hope for..."

I grab his hand in mine and tug him towards the Eastern quarters. The reason why he is saying this is because he does not want to talk about the inevitable. Our future together...

Before I could tell, spring had come. Time just seems to keep passing us by. It does not come without its graces, however.

As we become closer towards Pierce's rooms, I see Issac and Stevens along with our father all gathered around. I loom closer and notice Pierce then, holding something in his arms.

"Ah, Pierce do not be so stingy. Come, let grandpa hold him."

Pierce smiles before handing him over to our father.

"He has your eyes and your smile--My smile!" There is a big grin on our father's face causing me to laugh and Pierce to laugh a little.

"The rest is very much your mate's... His hair, coloring, everything."

"I know. All I am hoping for is if he is not so... much, like Cassius. I'll have my work cut out for me if so."