six

10:49

Saturday's, how lovely the are.

When I walk down the hall, all I can this of is Rae.
That dream was so weird, but it felt so real.

Maybe it wasn't a dream?

That's impossible.
There is no way a dead girl could still be moving around, and talking, and thinking, and doing whatever else normal people do.
No way.
I shake my head, trying to get rid of the bizarre dream.

My mom is in the kitchen making pancakes and bacon.
There are only two pancakes at the moment but there is a ton of batter in the bowl.
I walk over to her and kiss her head.

"Morning, Mom." I say, my voice raspy.

"Good morning, Harry. You can start eating now if you'd like," she says as she takes the bacon off of the pan.

I grab a plate and throw one of the pancakes on it along with a piece of bacon.
After I put my plate on the table, I grab a glass and pour some milk into it.
My mom places another pancake on my plate and walks back to the stove.

"I have some errands to run today, would you like to come?"

I finish off my milk, "I have some physics to do and Lord knows how long that will take."

"Okay," she chuckles, "if you want to have your one friend over - Jessa? Is that her name?"

"Yeah, I could ask her but I don't know if she's in physics."

Mom places another pancake and more bacon on my plate. "I didn't mean to do homework. I just meant in general. She's a very nice girl."

I smile, "yeah. She dyed her hair and got new extensions. It's like a darkish brown and wavy and yeah."

"I'm sure it looks lovely. Have her over tonight, I'll make dinner. Have you made any new friends besides Jessa?"

I run a stack of pancake pieces through the syrup on my plate and shrug, "she introduced me to some of her other friends. They're all girls though."

"Girls aren't so bad," she teases.

I roll my eyes and go to rinse off my plate, "I'm gonna shower."

"Okay, I'll probably be gone by the time you're out."

::

15:36

I finished my physics homework an hour ago.
Now I'm just sitting in my living room, watching Netflix, and eating a bag of Doritos.

This movie sucks.
First the chick moves to England, then she falls in love with her cousin, and now she's running away with some little girl.
There is way too much going on.
I huff in annoyance and go to the kitchen to get something else.

Ice cream sounds really good right now.

I plop back on the couch with my ice cream and change the movie.
This is literally so stupid.
I flip through the movies and TV shows and nothing sounds appealing.
After going through just about every movie imaginable, I get on my phone and begin to text Jessa.
I hear to back door open and close, Mom must be home.

I get up with my ice cream bowl and walk into the kitchen to greet her.
But I'm met with the girl from my dream.

"What the fuck?" I shout.

She leans against the counter, her hair and clothes sopping wet. "Well, hello to you, too."

"You're not real. I fell asleep on the couch. This isn't happening. Just, rinse out your bowl . . ." I begin mumbling to myself and she touches my arm, causing me to jump back.

"Harry, I told you yesterday that I'd come back at four." She says.

I swallow, "you're not real."

She grabs my face between her hands, ice immediately replacing the blood in my veins.
Her glass-like eyes pour into mine.
Not a single breath comes from her.
I feel my breathing slow.
And suddenly, all of this feels real.