Black as death, White as purity (Slenderman Love Story)

Chapter 1, Seeing Him.

I sat at a small desk in my AP English class. It was the first day of school and my last year at high school. My long copper hair was flowing down my body, and I had a white bow in my hair.  I was wearing a cream colored cotton dress with a floral pattern. Simple, and cute.

I sat next to my twin sister Lynn, she was the hippie in our family. But we were inseparable.  We didn’t look identical but in personality we were the same. She had this weird hairstyle too, her hair was shoulder length and copper like mine, with purple tips. She carried around a peace sign purse and always wore bright colors. And needless to say she had a joint ready to go in her purse as well.

As the teacher lectured us on the “back to school rules” and classroom syllabus, me and Lynn were passing notes.  She wanted to smoke tonight but I didn’t really feel like it. I didn’t do it often but every now and again I would do it with her. Plus I had to stay after school for some stupid play thing my mom wanted me to do. But Lynn was staying out with me so that I didn’t have to go.

Suddenly the bell rang and it made me jump, Lynn practically flew out of her seat. The last class of the day always made her eager to go home.

We walked outside the school and across the street where the woods were located. We found a large tree deep inside the woods and she lit her blunt. I sat down next to the tree and pulled out my sketchpad. 

“so…first day of senior year…..” Lynn breathed out a puff of smoke

“yep…does it feel any different to you?” I asked

“no…not really..” she shrugged and took in a big hit.

“yeah..me too..” I started to doodle in the pad. Drawing the trees that were in front of me. shading here and there. Making long lines and details.  I held up my picture to show Lynn.

“god I hate how you can draw….” She muttered “that’s a funny looking tree… she pointed in the center of my picture”

I turned the picture around and looked at it..” yeah..it is..” I chuckled then compared the picture to the treeline.

That’s when I noticed that the funny looking tree, wasn’t a tree…

A tall figure stood against the treeline, with long arms and a tuxedo black as death itself. Yet a face so pure white with no features.

“Lynn…” I said cautiously, my green eyes going wide.

“ what?” She asked then turned around “holy….fucking…shit….” she dropped her blunt..then quickly picked it up and put it out and shoved it in her purse.  She ran over and grabbed my arm pulling me up. “ Liz we gotta go!!! Come on!!!”

But I couldn’t move…I could only stare at the figure..he didn’t seem dangerous. Lynn continued to pull on my arm but I wouldn’t move. Finally she grabbed my hair and pulled hard, I started to follow her out of the woods, whimpering in pain.

But I knew I was going to go back. For whatever the reason…I wanted to talk to him.. who was he? What was he doing there? WHAT was he? All these questions ran through my mind as Lynn pulled me to my car and I drove us home.....