Chapter 4, I Couldn't Leave...

Elizabeths POV

I stayed in Slendys arms for as long as I could. He told me about his life and all the things he could do. I began to realize very quickly how lonely he was. When he got to the part about not having any family, I hugged him tighter. I didn’t want him to feel sad, he didn’t deserve to feel sad anymore. His hand patted my head and said “its alright Elizabeth, Slendermen usually don’t have families….or any connections with anyone”

Released my grip on him slightly and looked up at his pale blank face. “you have a connection with me.” I said. Then I realized how he could have interpreted that. “ what I mean is, we are friends aren’t we?”

He gave me a smile that was warm and inviting “yes, we are friends.” And with that small smile suddenly being friends didn’t seem enough to me.  Oh how easy it would be to just close the gap between our lips and kiss him the way I desperately wanted to…slow…and gentle. But I knew I couldn’t, he didn’t care for me like that.  I worried that if I tried anything id surely make him not want to see me again.

Slendermans POV

This fragile girl in my arms turned my whole world around. I told her about my life and she seemed interested,  and when I told her of not having family , she held me closer. Which was exactly what I wanted. With her here all my responsibilities and plans went away. She was my world now, even if she didn’t want me, I would always want to be with her.

“its alright Elizabeth “ I said in a calming voice “ Slendermen usually don’t have families…or any connections with anyone.” Which was true, slendermen were like animals, they mated but never stayed by their “mate” . They never loved, they just did what was expected of them.

She released me slightly. I let her, but my body and mind wanted to pull her back. However I was afraid of hurting her.

“you have a connection with me.” She said as she looked at me with those beautiful green eyes. 

A connection? A thousand things ran through my mind. Did she feel this way too? A connection….like two puzzle pieces unable to fit with any other piece but each other. No…she was human..she wouldn’t love a monster like me.

“what I mean is..” she began “we are friends right?” a glimmer of hope shone in her eyes. She wanted to be my friend. And even though that isn’t enough for me, I vowed to give her anything she wanted. I smiled at her because this means I was closer to her in her heart than just some stranger. And if it made her happy, then I was happy. “Yes we are friends” She smiled back and then glanced at my lips. Her eyes grew dark and sad. She stared at my face and leaned forward only a small inch. I leaned in too, her lips looking so soft and delicate, I just wanted one touch….just one…

No. I pulled myself back and she stared at the ground. But for one moment…for one second it seemed like she wanted me too…

Her perfect pink lips formed an O as she yawned. She was tired.

“you should get home, youre tired” I said and tucked a stray piece of her hair behind her ear. Her cheeks turned the slightest bit of red.

“no. “ she said. “I can stay a little longer…if you don’t mind”

“not at all “ I smiled at her and and carefully slid her onto my lap. And by doing that I had gotten her face closer to mine. The burning desire to kiss her was becoming too much. But I held back, I didn’t want to scare her away from me, not when I finally have her in my arms…..

After about 3 hours she had fallen asleep…her head was resting against my chest and her breathing was steady. I stood up with her in my arms and took off towards her home. When I got there I slowly opened her window and climbed inside, holding her as if she was just a piece of thin glass. I laid her on the bed and pulled her blankets over her body. As I was about to leave I looked at her, she looked so peaceful. Without thinking I leaned over her and kissed her forehead ever so gently. As I stood up and headed for the window I heard “Slendy….dont go…” her voice thick with sleep. I turned around and she was rubbing her eye like a small child.  I walked back over to her.