Chapter 5, Is This Love?

Slendermans POV.

“ Damn mortals” I yelled

I had been pacing around that tree for hours. Thinking about how that pathetic human interrupted my moment with Elizabeth. …

I shouldn’t be too hard on him I suppose…he didn’t know…he had no way of knowing…of knowing how close I was…and of how soft those lips felt even for the briefest second….

You are special to me

She had said those words and I knew I couldn’t stop myself. It actually had begun to hurt me….trying to resist her kiss… and I knew I would crumble.

So silly isn’t it? How someone like me…would crumble and be at the mercy of someone so small and fragile. I belong to her, and she may not know it but she is the only thing in this world that could kill me….

I loved her. I loved her with everything I had. She was my whole world….I will never let anything happen to her, even if it means my own life must be given I wont allow her to get hurt because of me. I wont.

Elizabeths POV

Hanging out with my family always made me laugh, they were crazy and had the weirdest sense of humor. However today all I could think about was HIM.  We had almost kissed…did that mean he felt the same for me as I did for him?

I tried to keep my mind off of him as we walked through the mall, but every now and then id look around. Hoping that I could catch a glimpse of him. As we walked into another store my family went off to look at the computers on display. I found one that was open for a test run, most girls that were using these went on their facebook. But I did something a little different, I pulled up Google and searched Slendermen. In an instant picutres and websites popped up with all sorts of information. I clicked on a link that gave you the creature bio. As I read I started coming across things I didn’t want to believe like “monster” and “killer”. However there was one passage that I found very interesting:

**** A Slenderman can be killed but it is very difficult to create a fatal wound for this particular creature. A Slenderman can only be killed by first getting it to stand still, then shooting it directly into the chest cavity. This will not be an instantaneous death until you shoot precisely at the heart. The heart then will release a poison that is normally used for killing its victims. The poison will then travel throughout the slenders body in large quantities, eating him alive.BE CAUTIOUS! A Slenderman can be revived if a human gives their blood to the Slender by putting it directly into his mouth.However by sacrificing themselves the human will become a Slenderman and be forced to live their lives with that terrible punishment****

The thought of my Slendy getting killed created a pain in my heart that I had never felt before. I quickly exited the page and went to find my family.

When we got home we put away all our things, I had managed to buy a simple black dress and some small shoes to match. I also found a white rose that I thought would look nice in the pocket of Slendys tuxedo.

After I put all my things away I headed for my car so I could go to  “Drama club” .  

I whipped into the school parking lot and parked the car. Then I sprinted across the street and entered the woods. My heart racing and eager to see him again.

When I arrived at the tree I couldn’t see him anywhere. I looked up to see if he was on his branch. But he wasn’t.

“Slendy…?” I took a step forward clutching my purse strap. “ Slendy don’t scare me….” Then I remembered that article I read…what if someone had killed him? Fear struck me as I dropped my purse and ran. “ Slendy!!!” I yelled. Then I felt someone picking me up.

He turned me around and held me from under my arms like I was a small child. “why did you run?” he asked.

“ I thought you were in trouble..” I said shyly.

He smiled and said “ I was standing right behind you.”

I rolled my eyes and said “ figures..”

He chuckled and carried me back to the big tree, he set me down then sat down next to me. “ you dropped your purse” he gestured towards my red purse laying on the ground. Then I rememebered the rose and jumped up to get it.

I sat down across from him and smiled. “ I have something for you. “ I reached into my purse and pulled out the rose.

“ its so beautiful…” he took it and studied it all over.  I moved so I was kneeling and slid it out of his long white fingers. I then pinned it to the pocket on his tuxedo. “There.” I said smiling.

“thank you Elizabeth” He said in a soft voice. “however…” he began and brushed his fingers on my cheek “ its no where near as beautiful as you..”

I blushed and looked down at the ground. My heart racing in my chest. When I looked back up his face was only inches from mine. “Slendy…” I whispered. His hands holding my face gently and his thumb caressing my cheek. “ My sweet Elizabeth….” He murmured and leaned in to brush his lips against mine. I sighed and closed my eyes. Then he gently pressed his lips to mine.

When our lips touched I felt my heart almost stop. His hands moved to my waist and pulled me closer. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him with all the passion I could. His warm smooth lips fit perfectly against mine. His breath sweet and almost silent. Nothing could have been better than this.

The kiss ended with both of us breathing hard and still holding eachother. He had his forehead pressed to mine and had his arms around me tight.

“Slendy…” I murmured

“yes Elizabeth?” he breathed

“will you stay with me tonight?” I asked

“ ill stay with you forever..” he whispered and then kissed me again.